661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It always took me a long time to get belray out of the mixing cup. Rinse with gas over and over, still residue left. I really can't tell a difference in performance between belray and cheap semi-synthetic stuff. The insides look really clean with belray. I'm gonna try yamalube, but honestly only because of the cool purple color, and my undying loyalty to yamabond4!

I've been using Lucas snowmobile full synthetic at 32 or 40:1 and like it so far.. I'm going to be yanking the top end off my 'wild' 65 once again here before too long and taking a look at how it's wearing... That P&C was in the worst condition of my collection, which is why I risked a lot of experimentation on it... I'm estimating the saw is putting out about 60% more power than stock, and about 40% more revs in the cut, so it's definitely getting worked

Honda HP2 40:1
102e70f3a38ca4710899e5b48dbd23ab.jpg

Yamalube 2R 40:1
308f1f6ac90df294268f17d1c7486cb3.jpg

It always took me a long time to get belray out of the mixing cup. Rinse with gas over and over, still residue left. I really can't tell a difference in performance between belray and cheap semi-synthetic stuff. The insides look really clean with belray. I'm gonna try yamalube, but honestly only because of the cool purple color, and my undying loyalty to yamabond4!

Mixing hr1 up in the winter was always a treat.

I run my saws on straight purple farm gas.. no need for the 2 stroke mix to get the cool color!

No clue. I've ran a couple tanks with super through it. It was black before I got it.
I still dont think a piston should be carbon free? I dont get where folks think an oil should burn without a buildup / byproduct? I still think any of it will buildup if the saw is tuned properly. This is 800t through my 461 with about 8 gallons20150501_151004.jpg

Latest posts

Back