661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, because partially burnt/ unburnt oil leads to carbon. Especially in the exhaust port.
So unless milling you feel 800 doesnt fit the application.Got it.

Do you think you would get the same carboned piston with 800 as your piston ran on K2 showed after the same run time? I ask because i've only ever seen pics with VERY little carbon on them with 800.

Ive ran them..i didnt see it , and if its there its small on the saws ive ran..i wouldnt want one of my workers on a hot summer day blowin over 200 Rippin the cord through my fingers since im already aggravated enough sweatin my ass off..im open to the idea of it , But i havent seen it first hand..every cutter ive worked with feels the same way.
Watch your face when the rip cord pulls out of your hand ,could knock out a tooth .........

Hullo Skip

I am not too sure about that.
There might be at least one more.

I can only tell you that the difference I have with mine is incredible. It went out @ 165psi (hot), and came back with 230-235psi (hot).
It sings a whole new tune now!!!

A full comp 36" .404 square filed running at 12,500 in the cut stumping .....(its the torque thats important)....... tuned to 14,000 no load with VP SEF and still 4 stroking like a fat pig playing in mud.

Ill have to try one to see it..i dont disagree because i dont know enough about it , its just been my observation.

Except the piston does show carbon, albeit not enough to cover the entire crown yet. Go a bit richer and the whole thing would be bare metal.
Hard to show much when guys are looking for differences when only running a couple of liters. It's going to take 2 or 3 gallons to really see anything change IMO.

So unless milling you feel 800 doesnt fit the application.Got it.

Do you think you would get the same carboned piston with 800 as your piston ran on K2 showed after the same run time? I ask because i've only ever seen pics with VERY little carbon on them with 800.
I do think 800 isn't the best choice for general use in a saw. It would work great when milling though.

I have ran 800 and always had carbon on my pistons with appropriate wash.

Washing the cylinder walls of oil with raw fuel isn't a good thing.

Except it isnt raw fuel ............. its mixxed with oil, and according to you .............. its evaporated, so how is it washing anything ?

@bwalker
You are avoiding answering questions ....................... is Google taking too long for ya ?

Despite your "sense of humor", I asked that you address the oil issue ............ not the fuel side. Stay on track boy.
We know if there is liquid, there is oil. "A good portion of the fuel isnt vaporized" means oil too !!!!
This is the issue I asked you to address, maybe without the insults this time ?

@bwalker
You are avoiding answering questions again .......................

I may have this all wrong but the way Im thinking is carbon on the crown is showing proper tune and an efficient complete combustion process. No carbon? Somethings amiss

Back