70cc or ported 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffro68

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I recently sold all my saws and bought a 562xp. I thought a one saw plan would work out but now I'mhu wishing I would've kept the 372xp and

I own a 440....that I had ported because I ran a ported 562 that absolutely ate it's lunch. A ported 562 should cover all but the biggest bars that you would put on a 70cc+ saw, along with always being in tune. The one I ran was ported by Terry Landrum at one of his GTGs. It should shame most, if not all, stock 372s, 440s, whatever.

Shea

562 is definately overrated. I don't partake in the whole "one saw plan" concept though. I bought a West Coast version of the 562 and two 359's at the same time. I was under the impression from reading several post that the 562 would run with 70cc saws. My 68cc Sachs dolmar 120si ate it alive so I didnt even bother running it against my 2171. For me, the performance didnt justify the cost-$850. I have about the same amount in both my 359s as the one 562 and I prefer their performance/cost.

Sure, but it likely is hard to beat a well ported 372xp, without getting into the real heavyweights - not that I need one.....:msp_biggrin:

I didn't get to finish before I hit the wrong button. I had a 372xp that I ran for five or six years, the 562xp as long as ya didn't go over a 20in. bar would do everything the 372 would and was a little nicer to run and imo would be the choice of the two. But I was asked about clearing a five acre plot that I'm gonna need at least a 24in bar 90% of the time. My question is would I be farther ahead to port the 562 or buy another 372. I've only ran two tanks through the 562 and would void the warranty if a have it ported.

562 is definately overrated. I don't partake in the whole "one saw plan" concept though. I bought a West Coast version of the 562 and two 359's at the same time. I was under the impression from reading several post that the 562 would run with 70cc saws. My 68cc Sachs dolmar 120si ate it alive so I didnt even bother running it against my 2171. For me, the performance didnt justify the cost-$850. I have about the same amount in both my 359s as the one 562 and I prefer their performance/cost.

You didn't even have your 562 long enough to even break it in:msp_biggrin:

You must of got a bad 562! Mine is right on the heels of a 372 (same in smallish wood), but a Whole Lot Nicer to run! :msp_sneaky:

Now a ported 359 is a pleasure to run, but it Has to be ported to run with a 562!

I'd way more rather run a 562 than a 372. But that's just me...

I didn't get to finish before I hit the wrong button. I had a 372xp that I ran for five or six years, the 562xp as long as ya didn't go over a 20in. bar would do everything the 372 would and was a little nicer to run and imo would be the choice of the two. But I was asked about clearing a five acre plot that I'm gonna need at least a 24in bar 90% of the time. My question is would I be farther ahead to port the 562 or buy another 372. I've only ran two tanks through the 562 and would void the warranty if a have it ported.

A person should have more than one saw.

So get a 346xp and have the 562 ported.:msp_biggrin:

No reason to sell the 562, it is a lighter and much better handling saw (outboard clutch, like it should be)! :givebeer:

I have a 562 and a 372 also an 036 and a 440...I grab one of the 70cc saws 90% of the time...Just saying If i had to choose only one it would be one of the 70cc saws...Not gonna say witch one:hmm3grin2orange:

Ported 562

Tlandrum had a ported 562 at the GTG he had at his new place. Saw is impressive enough that I am going to get the Red and Black version when I get back from across the pond. Trust me on this, if Terry is impressed by a saw, it's probably pretty awesome. He tends to lean towards the high performance, but has no time for something that is not reliable. His background is from the been there done that camp instead of having read about it. I would send it off to Terry to have it ported. That's just me. His new shop may be keeping him too busy to do it right away. I'd wait. But that's just me.

You must of got a bad 562! Mine is right on the heels of a 372 (same in smallish wood), but a Whole Lot Nicer to run! :msp_sneaky:

Now a ported 359 is a pleasure to run, but it Has to be ported to run with a 562!

I'd way more rather run a 562 than a 372. But that's just me...

No it was a great 562... I went into it with the understanding that it would run with 70cc saws- maybe someone elses but not mine. I also dont cut smallish wood. I go for the big stuff that everyone else passes on. Gives me the most run time on the saws and the most firewood for my efforts.:msp_biggrin:

I would go 372 again. I've not been impressed with the 562s. Too close in size to the 70cc saws and behind in power. The extra 2 lbs is worth the extra power to me.

Latest posts

Back