70cc or ported 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry

Swamp Yankee
The one piece of advice that is repeated over and over here on AS is to purchase your saws not by brand name but by dealer support. I have taken that advice one step further. I do not care about warranty from any manufacture, they end up being up to the integrity of the dealer. All my saws are ported. Mastermind has done 2 of my saws and Tlandrum my 385. This past weekend at the GTG Randy (Mastermind) was running a 372 he calls Old Faithful. It blew up on a customer a short while after he got the saw. Randy replaced P/C and sent it back. Saw blew up again. Again Randy fixed the saw no charge. Saw blew up again and Randy went to replace it again and customer felt it was not right to expect him to continue to fix his saw for no charge. So Randy bought the saw back from him and it runs like a champ to this day. The point is, send your saw off to one of the sponsors on here and they will get it to operate to your satisfaction.

Im sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction.

Swamp Yankee
The one piece of advice that is repeated over and over here on AS is to purchase your saws not by brand name but by dealer support. I have taken that advice one step further. I do not care about warranty from any manufacture, they end up being up to the integrity of the dealer. All my saws are ported. Mastermind has done 2 of my saws and Tlandrum my 385. This past weekend at the GTG Randy (Mastermind) was running a 372 he calls Old Faithful. It blew up on a customer a short while after he got the saw. Randy replaced P/C and sent it back. Saw blew up again. Again Randy fixed the saw no charge. Saw blew up again and Randy went to replace it again and customer felt it was not right to expect him to continue to fix his saw for no charge. So Randy bought the saw back from him and it runs like a champ to this day. The point is, send your saw off to one of the sponsors on here and they will get it to operate to your satisfaction.

And that is another reason I stick with Ol' Randy. Many here remember the Jonsered 2095 thread he did on my saw. I bought that thing and was taken advantage of bc of my own ignorance. It passed the compression test, it started on the 2nd pull etc, so I paid the #@$k*r $350. I didnt run it any until I took it to Randy (this later saved me from having to buy a cylinder). Anyways, we wound up spending another $300 more for parts to rebuild it correctly from the ground up and I paid for the port job. Randy felt so bad for me that he didnt charge me anything for the rebuild, he just told me to "pay for the port job and we'll just chalk the rest of it up to lesson learned." That act of kindness among others so impressed me that he will always have my business as long as he's doing saws. Going with someone else is simply out of the question. I trust him and I respect him like he's family. Heck- I consider him family!:cheers:

And for those that didnt get to run that saw before it was sent to DeepSouth in Australia- let me assure you.... Randy turned it into an absolute monster. The buyer got basically a brand new 90cc ported saw.

Last edited:
Swamp Yankee

Agree

This purchase was not from my regular local dealer that is currently trying to get my supplier's saw warranted, but from another dealer that was supposed to have a very good reputation.

As to repair of my issue, helicoils and loctite are about the only solution. Too much bother will probably just dump it.

Question does anyone know if the J'red line exhibit the same loose screw syndrome?

And before you ask, don't. Site rules prohibit me from saying where I got it.

Take Care

Agree

This purchase was not from my regular local dealer that is currently trying to get my supplier's saw warranted, but from another dealer that was supposed to have a very good reputation.

As to repair of my issue, helicoils and loctite are about the only solution. Too much bother will probably just dump it.

Question does anyone know if the J'red line exhibit the same loose screw syndrome?

And before you ask, don't. Site rules prohibit me from saying where I got it.

Take Care

Just pick up a 7910 and be done with it...

Latest posts

Back