70's cc vs. 90's cc in 20 to 30 inch wood with a twenty on

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All things being equal in that size wood my 066 will beat my 044 by a good bit. but to make it fair I'd go 20" on the 70cc and 25" on the 90cc. I just can't see a reason to put a 20" bar on a 90cc saw.

Just seems to me if the rakers are down the bigger cc will prevail

I'd run a 28 minimum on my 395xp....and my ported 372xp with 20" is simply amazing.... no reason for a 20 on a 395...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Slap the 8 pin on the 90cc saw and it's all over but the twitching.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

IMO I think 70cc is all you need for a 20" bar no matter what the wood, if you are only going with a 20" bar a 90cc saw is just more waight you will have to lump around.

Seal is starting to leak on my Jonny 625; don't wanna stick it, just wanted to get the job done. 395XP hasn't gotten a chance to stretch her legs for a while; on goes the 20" bar from the Jonny. Teeth on the chain were filed down a littlr short, but I'm pretty famous for trying to get all my wear out of everything.

Cutting through a limb crotch, I noticed cutting speed slowed way down. Stopped to look and see if I'd hit iron.

Pulled 1/2 of the cutters off. Was it tired chain...even though the same chain had run fine on the 625? Was it operator error, letting all 90+cc's pull their hearts out while I danced and sang for joy? the 625 is like any 60cc saw; it demands the operator feed the saw at an even rate. The 395 can't be stopped easily even with full-bar-buried cuts with a 20" bar.

Long way to sayn that 90cc is overkill for 20" bar.

Guess I should have been more specific how would a stock 576 autotune compare to a stock 390

between the 576 and the 390, id say go 390. not that much difference in weight and the 390 has much more ported potential.

A 20" is overkill to me on a 90 cc saw stock or ported. Its using quite a bit more fuel in the process. If you're talking 576 AT vs 390 then it depends on what YOU are wanting. The 576 is smoother, lighter, and better fuel economy. If you want the strongest then by all means pick up a 390 or 395 then muffler mod/port it and have fun.

Back