71:1 Ratio Fuel Mix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think PEST is thinking of a company called "Optimol" which produces Opti2 oil. They make some interesting claims.

I am gonna start using Extra Virgin Olive Oil for pre mix... 1:1 ...it will also come in handy when I wanna eat a ceasar salad in the woods. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Olive oil in the mix... canola in the bar oil tank... It will be like bein' at a buffet!:dizzy:

Gary

I like wasting oil. I run the synthetic at 32:1 and I am happy with it. Spark plugs and screens are cheap, oil is cheap too. I am also cheap. P/C's and Crankshafts are not so cheap.
Yea, you can probably run this stuff thin just fine, I don't care though.

Just a personal observation then I'll run and hide

At high RPMs too much oil can wreck big end bearings also more oil can cause pistons to melt and gall with an appearence very much like a lean seizure

I like to think of it in this way

lubrication is speed dependant.

What happens when you over grease a low speed grease case if the extra can't escape?

At higher sliding mate surface speeds the oil acts the same as grease in the low speed application

I can't wait to have the grease police bash this analogy

(runs and hides)

At higher sliding mate surface speeds the oil acts the same as grease in the low speed applicationQUOTE]

PEST, how do you support this claim? Any data, references?

Over Lube Expierience

I worked at an animal feed mill one summer and we had a grain grinder with sealed bearings that were encased in a metal enclosure. It was a pretty high speed piece of equipment driven by a huge 460v 3 phase motor. A new guy (name has been omitted to protect the innocent) over greased the bearing in spite of the boss' advice. Surely enough it was demolished in less than a month. Not to say the same applies to 2 stroke mix and chainsaws....

FWIW some Rotax motors have a double sealed crank bearing that is packed full of grease. When i say full I mean it. If seal blows it makes a incredible mess. These bearings last a very long time and failure is almost unheard of.

Odd

I have worked on just about every Rotax RV motor they ever sold down here including the air cooled 250s and the air cooled twins and triples for years they were light weight gear oil I changed enough of those seals

To my knowledge Ski Doo has never spec'd packing the worm case full of grease as it makes zero sense but then again Ski Doo has made some doozy mistakes and they seem to continue to do so

To my knowledge Ski Doo has never spec'd packing the worm case full of grease as it makes zero sense but then again Ski Doo has made some doozy mistakes and they seem to continue to do so[/QUOTE
Look no farther than the series three motors made from I believe 01 to present.Not he worm case bearings, but the PTO bearing(most likelt to fail). The crank bearings have very good reliability record, which is good because the single ring pistons they use do not.

Last edited:
The RVs have been gone for three seasons man

The one sure way to kill the valve disk is to over pack the worm housing but I digress

By all means your local Ski Doo guru knows all

Back