75cc Swedish-Made Pro Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So... how does a "new brand" old emissions saw without EPA credits get imported and sold in the USA? Guess the EPA is is sleeping... or Husky is coluding... I predict this won't last, but what do I know??? ;)

Why all the fuss?

Hmmmm... I guess I must be missing something.
I don't understand all the fuss about this. 7 bills for a powerhead is a chunk of change, and one could just as easily pick up a MS361 or an increasingly rare 440, and not have to worry about a thing, except perhaps theft.:greenchainsaw:

I don't understand all the fuss about this. 7 bills for a powerhead is a chunk of change, and one could just as easily pick up a MS361 or an increasingly rare 440, and not have to worry about a thing, except perhaps theft.:greenchainsaw:

If they all buy 361s and 440s, they won't have anything to bit** about.

Baileys price is a lot higher than before! I just bought my 372XP 4 days ago from my dealer in Wisconsin for $709 with a 20" bar and 3/8-.058 chain. So go ahead - order your powerhead from Baileys, pay the shipping, and then buy a bar and chain for the thing!!! It' no bargain. And then you have to hassle with the warranty stuff - - - never mind the dubious resale value. NO thanks.
I think I did OK.

Al:cheers:

+1 Absolutely correct.

Baileys price is a lot higher than before! I just bought my 372XP 4 days ago from my dealer in Wisconsin for $709 with a 20" bar and 3/8-.058 chain. So go ahead - order your powerhead from Baileys, pay the shipping, and then buy a bar and chain for the thing!!! It' no bargain. And then you have to hassle with the warranty stuff - - - never mind the dubious resale value. NO thanks.
I think I did OK.

Al:cheers:

This is a 75cc XPW, full wrap, double dawgs. With those options your saw would have been in the $750 range. Also dealers run out of 372's every year because of emission credits running out. This saw will be available all year round. ALSO, next year the 372 may not be available at all.

Looks like I will have to change my name to "UniventMan"!

Bailey's can whine about Husqvarna's policies like a lot of dealers have, or they can continue to innovate and think outside of the box. Hats off to Bailey's for being creative and trying to stay at the head of the pack.

so if H needs the emisions credits to offset (assuming) a noncompliant saw, how does 'new' OEM mfr name with no other models in the line get to sell it? Or is it like autos, under a certain yearly sales volume is exempt?

I got to say this is highly disappointing. Husky should either have online sales or not. This is a two faced way for Husky to do business.

I gotta agree with Space here. If Husqvarna, a world leader in garden power tools, is unable to set up a decent distributor network to support their sales & services, and allows for this kind of "off branding" to happen in one of their major markets, then their sales & marketing director should be fired on the spot. What a mess.

Baileys seems to be a well organized distributor, so I don't know what forced them to go this road as a last resort to sell Husky saws. The only looser here is the Husqvarna brand itself.

just my 02 cts

And???

This is a 75cc XPW, full wrap, double dawgs. With those options your saw would have been in the $750 range. Also dealers run out of 372's every year because of emission credits running out. This saw will be available all year round. ALSO, next year the 372 may not be available at all.

Yes, and with shipping, bar and chain that saw would even a bit more than $750. Even if they were the same price I still think I have the better deal. . . at least I still have my local dealer if I should need him - and I have a product that will be worth more at resale time. As far as the 372's not being available next year no one is absolutely sure. If so, all the more reason to buy a 372XP NOW from your local dealer!
BTW mine did come with two dawgs just not the huge double ones. As far as the full wrap - I have no need for it! :)

Al :cheers:

Last edited:
I think Baileys should be the EXCLUSIVE retailer of Husqvarna products.....that way they can offer the best possible pricing at the lowest possible prices.

I will suggest it at the show

I fully support such a scenario

teacherman said:
I don't understand all the fuss about this. 7 bills for a powerhead is a chunk of change, and one could just as easily pick up a MS361 or an increasingly rare 440, and not have to worry about a thing, except perhaps theft.

What you're not thinking is the large cult following the 372 has by professional tree services, forestry crews, and logging outfits/timber cutters. There's a huge market here in the northwest U.S., Canada, and southeast Alaska of guys who are seriously hooked on the 372 because of its anti-vibe. The Alaska guys have to do everything via mail-order so this is win-win for them.

nikocker said:
If so, all the more reason to buy a 372XP NOW from your local dealer!

The local dealers here don't have and haven't had the 372 for some time now, and professionals here are not finding the 575 to be a suitable replacement.

Can I buy the Stihl 460 rescue saw on line from Baileys if they peel the Stihl sticker off?????? Our fire Dept is looking for a deal.....

Last edited:
There's a few things that you would have to remove to use it as a wood cutter. We could access it but, I don't think the department would like the price.

Latest posts

Back