7900 and 7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New cylinder for SLR Exhaust
Light Weight Piston
New Crank / Coil / Flywheel 12,800 RPM
New Carb
Flat Black Hoods
RH Deco Valve

SLR muffler does not have a catalyst

Everybody that we have sold a 7910 to that has/had a 7900 has had no complaints except the saw is a little louder.

It looks like this, I pulled mine for fun because I have issues with stock equipment. I don't know about decreased economy but I'll tell you that power gain is really noticible and the saw is quieter.View attachment 343484

So after 1 1/2 years, are you still happy with the muffler mod results? Any issues come up with ripping out the SLR contraption or is it all good?

So after 1 1/2 years, are you still happy with the muffler mod results? Any issues come up with ripping out the SLR contraption or is it all good?

Its all good! Im very happy I decided to do it and I would still recommend it. I was talking with a Dolmar sales rep about it a little while ago and at first he was a little pissed. Naturally, I told him to blow it out his a**.

After a while though of explaining exactly my thought process and the gains that I received, we both decided that maybe the SLR idea could be a good one, it was just poorly executed on this saw.

Time will tell if doing this will effect the life of my saw or not. All I know is this saw went from a real turd and I was I was gonna trade to my favorite saw.

...we both decided that maybe the SLR idea could be a good one, it was just poorly executed on this saw...
Exactly in this point I disagree! Actually, the way I see it, it was excelently executed! With absolute minor changes to a existing design, a much more environment friendly version was released. And this is, at least for me, technically impressive if you think about that the top two players(Stihl & Husqvarna) have exclusive access to patents rights of the strato design! And they are definately NOT going to share this access...

Exactly in this point I disagree! Actually, the way I see it, it was excelently executed! With absolute minor changes to a existing design, a much more environment friendly version was released. And this is, at least for me, technically impressive if you think about that the top two players(Stihl & Husqvarna) have exclusive access to patents rights of the strato design! And they are definately NOT going to share this access...

I agree with this as a torch,a screwdriver,a pair of pliers, and an hour and you have a normal non epa saw back. And it looses .8 lbs by just taking that out.

I agree with this as a torch,a screwdriver,a pair of pliers, and an hour and you have a normal non epa saw back. And it looses .8 lbs by just taking that out.

A SLR muffler from a 7910 only weighs 1.0 pounds. The 7900 muffler weighs 0.8 pounds.

Latest posts

Back