7900 got hot!!!! Then Worm Bit!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverRat2

Serio Tree Freak
Reaction score
Ok Guys Here for you viewing Pleasure!!!!! another Saw Demolished By one of My Bro Daniel's Greenhorn Groundies!!!! Sheesh!!!!!

We got this saw @ THE November 07 TCIA Convention from the Dolmar Display Dealer
,,, It may have 100-150 Hours on it,,, if that many,,, how's this for Carnage??!!!!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

OK Here is the story I got,,, As I was not there,,,,, the dolmar was wearing a 28" bar and had been used mostly for bucking and some busting up of larger tops

They were doing a removal of some beetle Kill and the state allows for immediate burning if there is sufficient space between property boundries buildings etc. etc.,,,,, and all that was good,,, and the targeted trees were concentrated in one spot of the property,,, so as a few of the trees came down and were bucked and piled with the loader, (here is were it gets stupid,,,) they started the fire,,,, (Why they did that confuses even me) well the greenhorn set the saw down after bucking the spars into desired size for moving with the loader, consequently too close to the fire,, and the fire got a little out of control when the rest of the trees were being added,,,, Well the groundie noticed the saw getting blistered,,, so he picked it up and moved it,, but instead of putting it on the truck he set it beside a light pole on the path the loader was working,,, operator never saw it!!!!!!:monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

I Ran it on the bottle and it runs good,,, need a tank rear handle, controls, throttle cable, assembly. air filter, filter cover, new grip for the top handle, I may be able to salvage the starter cover it has a snag @ the back of the pull rope bushing!!!!:monkey: but I havent torn it down yet,,,,

Last edited:
OK Here is the story I got,,, As I was not there,,,,, .....

Well - looks like an obvious warrency case to me......:cheers:

....and why are the groundies allways considered stupid, and allways get the blame........:censored:

Over here the "groundie" often is in charge, and the climber are a youngster that just follow orders......

Last edited:
"What happens in Tejas stays in Tejas, well, at least until RR spills the beans on Bubba..."

or

"Bubba's Two Stroke Barbeque"

Daniel Lives on the other Side of the Sabine River from Tejas!!!! Like uhhh!!!!

LA,,,,, and that doesnt mean Los Angeles or Lower Alabama!!!!! LOLOL

In Breaux Bridge,,,, On the Bayou Teche',,,,,, LOL!!!!:cheers: :dizzy: :clap:

Well -
....and why are the groundies allways considered stupid, and allways get the blame........:censored:

Over here the "groundie" often is in charge, and the climber are a youngster that just follow orders......

Well Niko,,,,, Its just the way it is,,,,,,, He is the new guy,,,, and has the least amount of experience!!!!!! :monkey: :cheers: :dizzy:

Hey DoubleR...look on the bright side...that coulda happened to a Jonsered 2171!!!!!

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Hey DoubleR...look on the bright side...that coulda happened to a Jonsered 2171!!!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

:cheers: If that was a 2171 it would have melted before the groundie had a chance to move into the loader path LOL

But seriously its a easy fix I have all the parts in stock new or used..... If you need any

Scott

Last edited:
I Ran it on the bottle and it runs good,,, need a tank rear handle, controls, throttle cable, assembly. air filter, filter cover, new grip for the top handle...

Alternatively, you could eBay it: "Runs like a well-scalded dog!!"

Or "Here's a saw that's well-done!"

:cheers: If that was a 2171 it would have melted before the groundie had a chance to move into the loader path LOL

That would not have been a loss...

Y'all are both goins straight ta hell... :D

Last edited:
Well - looks like an obvious warrency case to me......:cheers:

Obviously not a "warrency" claim as humorously suggested by Troll, but maybe a very ligitimate claim against your "all hazards" insurance policy, depending on your deductible, and also assuming that such a policy exists.

Back