8.2hp 30.5cc rc engine...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look around on the RC forums,
It seems like a lot these guys are talking about engine life in terms of hours.
But I also see references to unfilterd intakes.

I've bumbled through a handful of those sites
in search of carburetor sizes and configuration details.

Walbro doesn't seem have any charting by size and adjustment options.
Just crawl through the numbers and hope you land on a venturi size you're hunting.

Would make a nice 30cc saw, but it would have to be geared down. Also running costs would be through the roof, but oh well. :rock:

They are not made to run WOT all the time like a saw engine does. My younger brother was into RC cars awhile back and there was some pretty impressive custom engines available that made huge HP in a small package.

this isnt a nitro motor. this is a regular two stroke. made by Zenoah. im very familiar with these engines from racing Go-peds when i was a teenager. this one appears to have been modified by oneil bros racing. they specialize in these motors and accessories for gopeds and rc cars. this was good thinking out of the box.... for example, a stock goped, is 22cc 1.8hp and goes 18-20mph. but aftermarket companies let me purchase a stroker crank, 16:1 high compression top end, lightend fly wheel, and many more go fast goodies. now my goped is up to 5hp and will do over 40mph. great idea to bring things like this to chainsaws!!:rock:

$675 - $795 is a lot of money for a 30cc gas engine.

Back