8' logs how many cords?...pic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schweg2

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Any idea how much wood is here...at an auction, Thanks

Attachments

• wood.jpg
    wood.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 187
Is this a question or do you know the answer? I would say just shy of 2.

Hard to tell from just that one pic but I'll guess 1- 1 1/2 cord. How much are they asking?

Don't know who threw it into a pile like that, but it was clever of them, if it was done before the auction. How much wood did they say it was? Tough to tell, but I would guess 1 1/4 cord.

I buy almost all my wood in 100" logs. I say about one cord. If they truly are 100" logs? Hard to tell. Why would they stack them like that? They obviously used a machine to unload them, looks they are trying to make it look like more than it really is.

Someone was smart enough to make the pile look bigger than it is. Hard to tell from the picture but I'd say about a cord or just a bit less when stacked neatly.

My best guess is about 3/4 cord- lots of air in there with the jackstraws bit. Looks like it's been underwater for some time.

$100 would be okay, IF it were cut to your spec, split, and air-dry. As is, they're delusional.

You should insist on a neater "roll out" before buying. You could find a Coconino Scale stick and figure out the board feet and convert. 1000 Bd Ft. is roughly one cord.

Scaling sticks are kind of long rulers and you want the ones with the various lengths listed on them along with the corresponding volume figures and you could figure it out right there at the auction.
http://www.ibsp.idaho.gov/IdahoLogScalingManual-2008 Edition (print).pdf

If it was in fact one cord, I wouldn't pay more than $50 or $60 unless they are delivering it. I just bought a 8 cord load 100" logs delivered right next to my garage for $85 per cord.

I have never seen "lots" of wood auctioned this way. Seems like a strange arrangement. Is this a customary thing in other parts of the country?

I have never seen "lots" of wood auctioned this way. Seems like a strange arrangement. Is this a customary thing in other parts of the country?

I have seen loads of wood auctioned off, but usually it is a log truck load of specified number of cords, and includes delivery.

If it was in fact one cord, I wouldn't pay more than $50 or $60 unless they are delivering it. I just bought a 8 cord load 100" logs delivered right next to my garage for $85 per cord.

$85 cord here too delivered...problem is they cant make the swing into my driveway with a semi.

i say less than a cord. I did a lot of truckloads recently and realize how deceiving it can be to achieve a true full cord.

Latest posts

Back