8 pin 325 rim on an OE346?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Reaction score
I'm thinking about bumping the rim size on my 346 up a notch. I use it for limbing and rarely cut anything over about 8" with it. Anyone else do the same?

Ian

Is that the old edition? Are you using narrow kerf chain? With limbing and such it should be great. I used it on my old edition that was moddified and was great for the purpose your talking about.

This one is the old 45cc saw and it's just been muffler modded, nothing more. The chain I'm using is not NK, just Bailey's 20RC.

Ian

On my OE I use the 20nk chain along with a narrow kerf bar. Its a great compo for that saw. If you want I could find a bar and chain around here somewhere and let you try it.

stick with the 7 pin, i tried a 8 on my 670 and was unhappy with the change.
seemed you cant push it as hard. rather have power than speed, just my .02
cents though.

heck... i use 8 pin on my 353 but thats only for small wood though....

I know some people running 8pin on the oe346 but that is with 13" b/c and in spruce thinning's with allot of limbs that are max 1"-2" !
I run 8pin on my modded 346xpgNE/OE (NEc/p) and it pulls a 18" b/c with good authority but that is modded though ,,,,,,

Latest posts

Back