80-foot Colorado spruce

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyX3M

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Took down yesterday
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:chainsaw:
I really wold like to save this one, but it started to lean towards buildings and there was no other trees to do cabling - so it had to come down :(

why are their nubs on the tree

I left them so after I took top off I would have always have a tie-in point (I truly believe in T.I.T.) since I had to block out the whole trunk in 3-foot chunks.
And sorry theres no more pix - I only had one man as a ground crew and I didn't give him much time to look around!
:givebeer:

if you slip and fall down the nubs will kill you we always clean cut them your limbs will hang up on maybe be your not to shore in the tree or new at it but then a no no with me you can ty in with your flip line and climbing line with out them tom:cheers:

I agree that those nubs should be left on the tree I know first hand that they hurt when you miss clean cutting a stub.

When I'm blocking down a smooth bark Euc I will sometimes leave a small stub if I have to rig a block off the spar it the odd tight back yard, but thats the only exception to the rule.

Otherwise Tony looks like a good fun climb and and a job well done. Im in the same position where i cant afford to have staff on cameras.

:agree2:
Usually I don't leave them - but I was kinda tired and in hurry - and on that particular tree it really didn't matter. In 90% of trees we have to rope off either limbs or top and in this case they will get hung on knobs if you leave them - so this one was exception to the rule
:cheers:
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back