8018 At Work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASD

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
THE FIRST STUMP FOR OUR NEW 8018:blob2:
attachment.php

I see the operator is grinning like a sh/t eating possum , I would be too. Nice machine it has to be a pleasure to operate. Keep us posted as to it's climbing ability please.

Is that the color you ordered,,,I thought they were yellow like everyone else's.

Carlton is a very nice co. to work with!!!!!!!!!!! they will do just about anything u want !! the color is bandit green :laugh: we had them paint it to match our other equipment. we think it looks more professional if all your equipment is the same color and all your trucks are the same brand and so on.

HI ASD,

Did you provide the winch, and Carlton plumbed it up, or did they supply everything? It is a hydraulic winch isn't it? What size winch is it, how many lbs. of pull? Did they just add an extra station on your remote? What are the components above the winch, valving for the winch? Would you mind letting us know how much the winch and having it installed cost? Seems like a great idea.

Stumper63

The winch would be great for that machine. I have the same machine and twice now I have bottomed out in very wet muddy land clearing conditions and got the machine stuck and had to pull it out with my loader.

Did you provide the winch, and Carlton plumbed it up, or did they supply everything? carlton did it all

It is a hydraulic winch isn't it? yes

What size winch is it, how many lbs. of pull? it's a 10k

Did they just add an extra station on your remote? no it has a switch on the unit but i am going to change it to the same set up as one would have on a truck (wire remote)

What are the components above the winch, valving for the winch? yes

Would you mind letting us know how much the winch and having it installed cost? about $1900 and i think it is well worth it !!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back