A 372XP For The Stumpster!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the one fin was chipped off when I sent that cylinder to Terry. It was on an old saw of my brother's and he sent it down the hill with a Hemlock.

Scars.........History.......Experience......Well traveled......This saw is becoming more valuable with every post. :msp_thumbup:

Looks awesome Randy and cool to see all pitch in!

"stump back mountain"

That just happened!! LOL!

This jug ain't been to Ohio though. :hmm3grin2orange:[/QUOTE]

By your choice Randy :biggrin:
Looks great guys, nice to so many pitching in for stumpy WTG !!!!!

It feels weird watching somebody else build a saw for me.:msp_confused:

Stump you might be starting a new AS trend builders having saws build by other builders. :smile:

Nice work on the saw man, and thanks Wiggs.

I can make part of this up to Wiggs with this big box I am packing for him.

Edit: I don't know what Randy is in need of?

Last edited:
Scars.........History.......Experience......Well traveled......This saw is becoming more valuable with every post. :msp_thumbup:

I hope it gets a Mastermind/Terry/JJ sticker on it. :msp_thumbup: A reminder for Stumpy, Not saying he is forgetfull. :msp_razz:

Like the others, I'm excited to see if it will run Randy.

:hmm3grin2orange:

j/k It's going to be a GREAT saw! and what a good group of gents getting together to make it happen.

Stump you might be starting a new AS trend builders having saws build by other builders. :smile:

Nice work on the saw man, and thanks Wiggs.

I can make part of this up to Wiggs with this big box I am packing for him.

Edit: I don't know what Randy is in need of?

I don't need anything Stephen. Just being a part of this fine community is more than enough for me.

The one thing I would really enjoy would be to see all one guys at Wigglesworths GTG this spring. We had a great time last year. The opportunity to meet more of our fine members is the only thing that could make it better.

This jug ain't been to Ohio though. :hmm3grin2orange:

By your choice Randy :biggrin:
Looks great guys, nice to so many pitching in for stumpy WTG !!!!!

I was real tempted Eric, and would love to be able to figure out a way to learn some of things you know. The race saws you build are very cool to me. Sometime I hope to visit an event and see several in action. I suppose experience is the best teacher and need every bit of it I can gain.

I'm in the process of getting a larger lathe with both a 4 jaw and 3 jaw chuck. Hopefully then I'll be able to learn some more machining tricks. :msp_thumbup:

Like the others, I'm excited to see if it will run Randy.

:hmm3grin2orange:

j/k It's going to be a GREAT saw! and what a good group of gents getting together to make it happen.

If it will run????

Heck man when I slap a Mooberized sticker on it, the trees will run. :biggrin:

Just got a little done today.

The uppers roughed in.

attachment.php

A stock jug for comparison.

attachment.php

Smoothed out.

attachment.php

Exhaust Roughed in.

attachment.php

The transfers ended up at 122°

I'm going to visit some inmates now. I'll catch up with you fellers later. :rock:

Cool Randy. What's your EX at? How much blowdown time?

I've not checked the exhaust since roughing it in but I planned on 166° duration on the exhaust for a blowdown of 25°. The intake is at 154° duration or 77° below TDC depending on how you figure it. I may be crazy but I've begun to think that a short intake on some saws is the way to go. This is where it landed after machine work. I would rather have had it a bit shorter but......

Latest posts

Back