A Birthday Gift for Nik, aka FATGUY

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, sniff.

I am glad I didn't have to beg.........

For my own birthday thread, I mean..........

Sniff.................................

Brad I had a chance to run Nik's saw yesterday and all I can say is WOW:jawdrop: I would bet it's as strong as many stock 70cc saws. I could be wrong but I think Nik really really really really likes the saw as well.:)

I don't know, but his wife was mopping the kitchen floor the whole time I was there.:)

You mean he's even running it in the house now??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor Linda:cry:

Andy, that was probably bar oil on the floor though, not drool. That's probably not to bad on a wood floor though. He's just trying to help her out in the house.

You mean he's even running it in the house now??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor Linda:cry:

Andy, that was probably bar oil on the floor though, not drool. That's probably not to bad on a wood floor though. He's just trying to help her out in the house.

Well,

I hope it was one of those two!!!!!

The other possibilities.....................Let's not go there!!!!!!!!!!!

A polish is good, but not required IMHO. I don't think you'd be able to measure the difference in performance. There comes a point of diminishing returns and I only take it up to 400 grit any more. That's a lot smoother than these close up pics make it look.

400 is pretty fine, but I often went to 600 when finishing the cork on home built fishing rods in the late 1980s/early 1990s.....:)

400 is pretty fine, but I often went to 600 when finishing the cork on home built fishing rods in the late 1980s/early 1990s.....:)

400 is super fine for metal, 400 will even produce a nice dull shine. Now if we're talking about wet sanding paint I've gone up to 3000, but that's a lot different than metal working.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back