A few photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man ya read my mind, i was about to call some of the guys out for pics. glad to see you are getting along. we called them things a "short dog" dad and uncles had several back in the day, made out of army trucks. i'm surprised to see one escaped the junk man. you got some hardwood don't ya?

The firewood pile is from the job we finished two years ago, 178 acres of yellow birch and maple. Half the job was close to a 1/2 mile of skidding, uphill for most of it. The old 240A was pulling 5 at a time most turns. We hired a friend to go back and cut some more last winter, the landowner thought we left too many trees. The friend is 79 years old, cuts down and bunches with a JD450C dozer and his son skids them.

This lot we are on now was cruised in 2003 and estimated at 1.2 million feet of pine and 300 thousand of hardwood and hemlock. Wish we had some hardwood right now, everyone is crying for firewood loads.

Sorry about that, the firewood pile is in the firewood section.

We managed to get a couple of loads of hardwood logs from this section, mostly ash and white birch, the ash paid good and there were a few veneer logs, not enough to make up for all the pulp we had to cut. The first forester on the job marked crap down to about 6", we point blank told him we would run it over but I wasn't hooking a choker to it. Not worth cutting with a saw. I figured it out and it was about 20 trees to a cord. Thankfully he quit and the new forester said just get it on the ground.

Cool pics, that homemade skidder is da bomb! :clap: Where a bouts are you in the 'dacks?

Latest posts

Back