A few weeks ago...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya were a bad influence.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

To say the least! The damn things are multiplying!

I don't store them on the concrete floor, I promise. I just placed them there for a family photo. Shoulda dragged the 011AVT out from behind the table saw first.

Awesome skateboard. I can't say this site has had much of an effect on me... mine have been multiplying as well. Although mine were previously stored on the floor or bench (depending on size), I came up with the beginnings of what seems to be a decent storage solution:

IMG_0313.sized.jpg

I think I'll continue some rough-cut boards down the wall for "protection" against the chains. We do live in a high seismic area, after all.

Clay

... I didn't own a chainsaw. I had, however, rehung over a dozen axes for the kids and I to enjoy in the woods.

Then...
View attachment 582571

Eesh.
That's a good start, I take that many with me when I go wood cutting, no need for a gas can, just grab another saw.:cool:

So.... Just how much time are we talking about here.
4 weeks, 16 weeks, maybe a year??????

I have gone from one saw to four saws in about three years.
The last two I actually repaired. Acquired them for free. They were dead.
And now they are not.

David

So.... Just how much time are we talking about here.
4 weeks, 16 weeks, maybe a year??????

I have gone from one saw to four saws in about three years.
The last two I actually repaired. Acquired them for free. They were dead.
And now they are not.

David

Roughly five weeks total. I picked up the Husqvarna and the first Craftsman at a pawn shop on a whim. I signed up here to get info so that I might get the Husqvarna running well. The Craftsman was BNIB, so it ran as fine as a Poulan Pro in disguise could.

A couple weeks later, the Stihl 026 and other Craftsman popped up on Craigslist in a package with the leaf blower pictured. Snagged them super cheap. The 026 needed a lot of refreshing, so I dug in and bought a lot of rubber parts.

Then the Stihl 011AVT showed up on CL, for a stupid cheap price. It looks more-or-less brand new. It was one owner, and came with hard case and four chains. It also followed me home.

Then the other three Stihls, again a CL find, were too good to pass up. The 046 Magnum needs some parts and love, and it'll get them.

TL;DR: I bought the first two five weeks ago. The other six were added over the course of ~3 weeks.

Roughly five weeks total. I picked up the Husqvarna and the first Craftsman at a pawn shop on a whim. I signed up here to get info so that I might get the Husqvarna running well. The Craftsman was BNIB, so it ran as fine as a Poulan Pro in disguise could.

A couple weeks later, the Stihl 026 and other Craftsman popped up on Craigslist in a package with the leaf blower pictured. Snagged them super cheap. The 026 needed a lot of refreshing, so I dug in and bought a lot of rubber parts.

Then the Stihl 011AVT showed up on CL, for a stupid cheap price. It looks more-or-less brand new. It was one owner, and came with hard case and four chains. It also followed me home.

Then the other three Stihls, again a CL find, were too good to pass up. The 046 Magnum needs some parts and love, and it'll get them.

TL;DR: I bought the first two five weeks ago. The other six were added over the course of ~3 weeks.
Welcome to the CAD club! You're going to need a bigger garage.:cool:

Outstanding!

Two 250's and a 251. The 046 left for a little full service chainsaw spa treatment well before these showed up.

Latest posts

Back