A fine day cuttin with the infamous dinger...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it interesting you don't use your ear muffs on your Peletor helmet.

Stihl helmet :D

I don't for felling because I want to be able to hear creaks/cracks/pops in the tree or hear the spotter trying to notify me of any potential issues/widow makers. I do put them on for bucking and limbing since that's just continuous noise.

Fwiw, my chaps were also safely on the trailer :taped::blush: I was a baaaaaad boy :D

:agree2: Pretty much sums it up.

Personally I wouldn't cut without it now! Last year you could actually tell by looking at my wood pile when in the day I cut pieces... Morning everything seemed to be 18-20 and late afternoon everything seemed to be 13" rounds...:rolleyes: I hated stacking wood like that. With the mingo, everything comes out within 15.5-16.5" which I love. (my furnace fits 16s nicely) If you want other lengths, you can just buy different wheels for it.

Does it go through the paint? I love the idea but spending $30 for the marker and then shelling out $10 for the paint...uff.

DSC07106Medium.jpg

Savages!

Great pic's, thanks for letting us be there!
Nice blow by blow. I love the odd angled saw shot, but "which one of these dosn't belong"?:taped:

Nice job, wish I was there!:rock:

Does it go through the paint? I love the idea but spending $30 for the marker and then shelling out $10 for the paint...uff.

It's actually pretty economical on the paint. If you role at a decent clip, it only shoots a small dot each time. I've been on the same can since last year and it still feels pretty full...

Great pics. Love to see the action shots. Those kinds of trees give me nightmares. All the limbs are a pain. Usually I'm dropping those onto a plowed field and all of that has to be cleaned up before spring. An hour running the saw and 3-4 hours dragging brush and loading wood.

I need to find a strong back helper. Then I can run the saw and stay with what makes firewood fun.

Does the mingo take a special type of can (for the spray paint)?

I looked at the mingo's in Baileys but I didn't see a specific can of paint for mingo's.

I wonder if those cans of upside down spray paint would work? :confused:

Anyway, I want a mingo, and will purchase it pretty soon. I appreciate the heads up on the paint issue.

Does the mingo take a special type of can (for the spray paint)?

Just a basic upside down construction type can with the nozzle that sprays when bumped sideways in any direction. It's pretty common and comes in an assortment of neon colors :clap: I get it at Fastenal cause the girlfriend works there.

Great pics Nuzz. Nice to see you harvest wood sanely and not in waist deep snow. :chainsaw:

My lungs certainly thanked me for working on solid ground :laugh:

Just a basic upside down construction type can with the nozzle that sprays when bumped sideways in any direction. It's pretty common and comes in an assortment of neon colors :clap: I get it at Fastenal cause the girlfriend works there.

Thanks for the info. We have a fastenal in Angola. I will check them out for the paint then.

Back