A flourescent lowering line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And one of the strongest of the 1/2" category line, next to the arbormaster series. Don't mean to knock opinions but shouldn't the strength of the line be one of the main features of a rope that is going to be used as a lowering line? The new neons and multi-stripes are all cool to look at and I understand the ID factor for the groundman, but my opinion the stronger the better. :)

Depends on the use, for general rigging you do not need 10k# of tensile, which is why I use retired climbing lines quite often. For me the cost is the biggest factor on a light rigging line, say for up to 200#, or so.

If you are dynamically loading, then you may want to look at the "modulus of elasticity" or stretchiness of the rope. On very short drops of high weigh, you may want a more static line.

I have a 1/2 inch super stretch double braid that I use for high rigging, but it sucks for pulling anything because it elongates without moving the load if i don't have a pretty high tie.

And one of the strongest of the 1/2" category line, next to the arbormaster series. Don't mean to knock opinions but shouldn't the strength of the line be one of the main features of a rope that is going to be used as a lowering line? The new neons and multi-stripes are all cool to look at and I understand the ID factor for the groundman, but my opinion the stronger the better. :)

As JPS mentioned strongest isnt always the best rope to use. I bring a number of different ropes to every job and each one can serve a different purpose in regards to length, size, strength, stretch, and yes even color. Id rather delimb or prune with a 6,000 rated 1/2" line that feels good, easy to throw, and well visible than use a stronger rope such as stable braid. Stable braid is some very strong rope, but I dont like the feel of it or color, however use it when the load calls for it, such as catching a top, or blocking down wood.

Latest posts

Back