A Fun Day of Wood Cutting/Gathering.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benp

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My neighbor asked me to give him a hand today doing some site clearing.

Primarily a red oak stand along with a few paper birch and occassional popple. He knew I would be stoked about the red oak.

So loaded up the 7900 and 510 and away I went.

He would knock over the trees and lay them out with the track hoe. I would then come behind and carve them up in my best attempt at 10 and 12' lengths. He would then come behind me with the hoe, clear out the tops, and fill the trucks.

Been a while since I've done cutting like this so it took a few to get back in groove.

When I got there.

IMG_0940640x480.jpg

After I hit my stride and eyeballing the next line up.

IMG_0942640x480.jpg

When we left. (Sorry for the crappy picture but you get the idea.)
IMG_0944640x480.jpg

What he has left to load up tomorrow.
IMG_0945640x480.jpg

Loaded up ready to call it a day. Dump truck was jam packed, awesome.
IMG_0947640x480.jpg

My little in field sharpening setup.
IMG_0943640x480.jpg

The 510 never even barked due to me forgetting the air filter here at home because I washed it last nite. Oh well the shorter bar length would of been somewhat of a pain being more hunched over.

Copious use of a wedge was very handy today, didn't get pinched/stuck once. :msp_thumbsup:

I think we have enough for this year so this will be next years wood. There was still a decent amount of smaller wood left in the tops, but like my neighbor and I agreed on, how far do you take it?

I had a really good day. :blob2:

Last edited:
Even if it's work there is nothing more relaxing than a day in the woods.:msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back