A Good Trailer For Delivering One Cord Of Wood??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I unlaod the wood from the rear, and pile it away, and once I can't reach the wood any more, I put the PTO of the Tractor in gear, and the Apron of the spreader, brings the wood back to me, and once the wood reaches the back of the spreader agian, I just turn off the PTO, until I can't reach the wood again. I then repeat with the Starting up the Apron, and shutting it off, until the load is all off. Bruce.

Here is my new toy. Just picked it up today. 80"x12' 10,400lbs GVW
attachment.php

Here is my new toy. Just picked it up today. 80"x12' 10,400lbs GVW

Very nice, that's exactly what I was originally looking for. I ended up getting a 7x14 x 14k gvw because I found one at a good price, but I suspect the 12' would have probably been a better fit for me due to space constraints.

I'm sure you're going to love your new dump trailer... and wonder how you ever did without one! :cheers:

Dump trailers are very handy indeed, and low boys can be driven into easily as well. Even if you are loading manually, its great to get home, press a button, and drive away. Or, work from the end, taking off the rounds, onto the splitter, and tipping the box so the remainder slides to the end, then keep splitting, never lifting a round that way. Similar to a walking bed described earlier.

Nice! I'll bet it felt good looking in the rear view mirror and seeing all that wood being taken home safely in one trip, then getting to push the "button" to unload... priceless. :givebeer:

We threw 10k of stone in the back of mine last weekend (x2), it was soooooo nice not having to shovel it out by hand. Just push the button and watch it all fall to back to earth.

Nice! I'll bet it felt good looking in the rear view mirror and seeing all that wood being taken home safely in one trip, then getting to push the "button" to unload... priceless. :givebeer:

We threw 10k of stone in the back of mine last weekend (x2), it was soooooo nice not having to shovel it out by hand. Just push the button and watch it all fall to back to earth.

It sure was! I can haul almost two cords in the trailer alone. More if I load the truck down:clap: :clap:

Here's my cheap red neck trailer out of a manure spreader :greenchainsaw:
attachment.php
http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=78695&stc=1&d=1222363724

I pull my small trailer with my log splitter inside it and my four wheeler in the back of my truck! So yes it dose look like a circus is going by!:chainsawguy:

great thread folks just great...
love the trailers and the diffiernt thoughts on them. love the poop spreaders, great idea on unloading.

i/we are planning on a 'real' trailer eventualy, but i purchased this 18' car hauler with brakes on both axles for only $500.00 about 10yrs ago, I had to so some minor repair work and last spring i finaly scrapped the car tires and replaces with 5 new 'trailer' tires. MUCH better to haul this kind of weight..
poor man's trailer but it works.

as you can see it has been through a few changes, and with the final sides on last spring the wife can haul wood and not worry about logs falling off the trailer, which happened once to many times. some one made a comment about my 'car trailer/wood hauler' but hey price is right for now :D

oh and the ramps out the back make rolling those rounds up on the trailer SO much easier, and with it soooo low to the ground...although it's been know to drag on a few trips...:D

before the sides.

32mb163.jpg

the hillbilly wagon....

DSC00686small.jpg

tractor, splitter and trailer, the only way to haul wood. and the truck was full, not sure it was worth the 2hr round trip for this load, was free but not worth it......

TrailerWsplittersmall.jpg

new sides work sooooo much better to keep the logs on.

DSC03436small.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my cheap red neck trailer out of a manure spreader :greenchainsaw:

Nothing wrong with that trailer. Nice job.

BTW, that's a bunch of wood on that trailer. What is the truck you're pulling it with?

Kevin

Last edited:
great thread folks just great...
love the trailers and the diffiernt thoughts on them. love the poop spreaders, great idea on unloading.

i/we are planning on a 'real' trailer eventualy, but i purchased this 18' car hauler with brakes on both axles for only $500.00 about 10yrs ago, I had to so some minor repair work and last spring i finaly scrapped the car tires and replaces with 5 new 'trailer' tires. MUCH better to haul this kind of weight..
poor man's trailer but it works.

as you can see it has been through a few changes, and with the final sides on last spring the wife can haul wood and not worry about logs falling off the trailer, which happened once to many times. some one made a comment about my 'car trailer/wood hauler' but hey price is right for now :D

oh and the ramps out the back make rolling those rounds up on the trailer SO much easier, and with it soooo low to the ground...although it's been know to drag on a few trips...:D

I also use a tandem axle (with brakes) car hauler (borrowed) with wood sides I made for it. The trailer has a 2' dovetail and it drags just a little when I'm turning off the highway into my yard. The dovetail and pull-out ramps are nice for rolling the big pieces up, but I don't like the dovetail dragging even though it is minimal. I don't have enough truck (yet) for a proper dump trailer, so I'll be looking to get my own car hauler (like the borrowed one but without a dovetail). I have thought about a regular utility trailer with the low sides, but using my higher homemade wood sides would be better for me. And I could take off the sides and use the trailer for whatever else including hauling my "future" 4 wheeler and "future" large garden/utility/subcompact tractor with front end loader and...the list goes on. :)

Kevin

I had the same problem only mine was going to town with 1 cord, gas prices eating my profit so I got a dump trailer to go with the dump truck. I'm selling a bit more than you (56 cords in Sept, 1/3 of last years sales and since the wife now runs the Chomper....but that's another story) but a trailer would be highly recomended. Even the hassle of disconnecting the trailer to dump the truck is worth it. As the others have said, keep watching and you will find the deal that fits your pocket book. You won't be disappointed.

Just sold a 7.5x16 with 4' sides for $600 to a buddy so I could buy a 8X20 dump for $3000 need to build some sides but it should work great. I was going to build one but this was cheaper than the materals to build it (this trailer is built like a tank). I still need a winter project so I might build a trailer to sell. Any one interested I might build it to you specs....

Latest posts

Back