A good trimming saw for $100?? Ryobi 10532 Review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Them fella's were replacing the limited coils with somethig as I remember. I'm not sure if they were getting them from Zenoah of not. But, you can order parts from them for their RC stuff. WDO

I'd guess that they were converting them to glow for RC applications. That way you can remove the flywheel and save that all important weight.

Looks awesome brad, It really seemed to hang in there under heavy load without bogging!
I may have to look for one, the funny thing is I saw one at the truckload tool sale a few months ago and dismissed it as a piece of junk!

I may try to get one for my son! That is if I can get brad to port it !

Of course then Ill have to test it for a few months until he is ready to run it!

Mine is stock except for replacing the bar with a 14'' from some old Poulan and the 30LP chain. It cuts real good for me.

Brad, the results didn't surprise me at all. I've been running our Husqvarna 435 with the strato-charged engine and it smoked a new Echo CS-400 and my modded CS-370. Plenty of power at every rpm. Next I'm going to do some timed cuts between the 435 and the Shindaiwa 488, and the Husqvarna 51 and 55.

I'm betting the 435 will beat the 488 and the 51, and be just about dead even with the 55.....Cliff

Brad,I really like your videos-you get alot of action in a minute and a half.........no unnecessary drama like pausing at the cut for effect.

Also,you show the power band range very nicely-thanks.

We should all use your "template" for all performance videos.

Oh yea,that ryobi cuts like a litte beast!:clap:

Brad,I really like your videos-you get alot of action in a minute and a half.........no unnecessary drama like pausing at the cut for effect.

Thanks 'slabber. I edit out all the dead time. I wanted to put idle and WOT in there as well but didn't capture it for the Ryobi.

:agree2: Awesome work there Brad - rep sent your way!! :cheers:

i just had to have one based on brads review. came today. was 119.00 shipped. drilled 2 more holes in the muffler. it now runs and sounds just like my dolmar 510. real screamer. the only negs i see are the made in china sticker , semi skip chain, and it puts out a little too much bar oil. i believe most of the parts are made in japan. and it uses 50 to 1 mix. most china junk are 25 to 1. am very happy with it so far. think i will replace bar and chain. havent put it to wood yet.

Mine showed up today as well, and to my surprise it is a NEW one, never been used.....sounds great.....THEN I found out why?

It refuses to run. I quickly found two problems with it, corrected them, and I have a brand new never cut a stick of wood Ryobi limbing saw.

Two problems to look out for. The fuel line is WAY too long, and the filter not weighted enough to keep it in down in the fuel. Shortened the line and added 3 washers to it, all is fine there.

Then it refuses to stay running for more than about 30 seconds at a time, without loosening the gas cap.

So I quickly found out why it never made it to a log after being sold and was marked as "refurbished". I'm sure it was ran or briefly tested, but no one tried to cut with it, or run it any length of time.

Anyhow, I removed the cover, carb and vent, and took the vent apart. Low and behold, the rubber end of the vent was pushed down too far, blocking off the hole into the tank. Fixed that and it's running FLAWLESSLY!

I will say that my initial impression of the saw is pretty good, but it does NOT run as strong as my Husqvarna 435. I'll give it a few tanks and some fine tuning as see if this improves some. I did muffler mod the Ryobi per a PM to Brad, thanks, that was easy and worked fine.....Cliff

Brad What Diameter stick is that ?
Bar length 14 or 16" ?
Do they have a top handle model?....opened up it beats the MS200t......wow....big claim / not doubting ya ,tis just a big claim !
Wonder how it would compare to the 026 ?
Definitely looks like a good / cheap addition for harness
work.

Last edited:
Brad What Diameter stick is that ?
Bar length 14 or 16" ?
Do they have a top handle model?....opened up it beats the MS200t......wow....big claim / not doubting ya ,tis just a big claim !
Wonder how it would compare to the 026 ?
Definitely looks like a good / cheap addition for harness
work.

I don't have video to prove it but I ran a good running 200T at a GTG with I believe a 12" bar, and my ported 3800 cut significantly faster. This G400 is faster yet. I'd like to get my hands on a GZ4500 now:)

Got mine today also. The Made in China sticker was an unpleasant surprise -- are Redmaxes made in China now? Haven't taken it apart to look at the cylinder. Brad, did yours have the China sticker?

It's dark now, so I'll have to try it tomorrow. I think the 18" bar and semi-skip chain are ludicrous; I put on a 16" and a full comp low profile Woodland Pro chain. The chain adjuster seems a little flimsy but it's nice to have it on the side.

Jack

Thanks,I was looking at another limbing saw and didn't want one that was too heavy.I was at the Stihl dealer Mon. and they had a couple MS180's.Picked one up and it seemed light enough for what I was looking for.They had 3 shevles of Stihl saws but only 2 MS260's and 2 MS361's,the rest were homeowner saws.Would you advise getting the Ryobi 10532 over the MS180?

Re-read CliffR's post,and if you're comfortable drilling some holes in the muffler then you're question is answered.

Back