A little Dolly followed me home(with vid)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, thats definately on my wish list! Nice saw, im jealous

Jinxycat

Hey Mark
At last years Iowa GTG you had a big old Dolly there that you were trying to sell, I forget what model. Did it ever sell?

That was a 133 Super.

I just couldn't warm up to it, and did sell it. I think it went to Alaska if I remember right. The new owner was quite pleased with it, so he said.

I think the only Dolmar I have left is my 7900 and I don't plan on getting rid of it. I like that one.

Edit, whoops I still have a Poulan 6000 and S6000, green Dolmars. LOL

That was a 133 Super.

I just couldn't warm up to it, and did sell it. I think it went to Alaska if I remember right. The new owner was quite pleased with it, so he said.

I think the only Dolmar I have left is my 7900 and I don't plan on getting rid of it. I like that one.

Edit, whoops I still have a Poulan 6000 and S6000, green Dolmars. LOL
I'd like to find me one of them Green ones you speak of

I thought this would be a good opportunity to try making a vid and post but apparently YouTube doesn't accept the format my android phone uses

I got home and reached in the back of the truck for the box of brew and out jumped this little Dolly all shiny and new.
Holy moly I better quit now , things are start in to rhyme and stuff and I haven't even started on the brew.:givebeer:

View attachment 338955
hey man! how did my saw make it all the way to minnesota, it was just in my shop yesterday!!!! nice saw enjoy :rock:

Nice looking saw, Dolmar makes a fine one. Pretty impressed with the 7900's I have ran.

One thing I have changed on the saw is the air filter from the white framed "flocked" filter to the black frame mesh filter. The mesh filter seems to breath better than the flocked one. I had the HD filter on my 7900 but wasn't impressed with it and went to the mesh filter instead. I know it flowed better on the 7900 because the carb had to be tweaked just slightly as compared to the HD setup which did not require any carb adjusting over the flocked filter.

You can use the HD filter without prefilter, it is not really useful ...

This is a very nice saw you have there! :clap:

You can use the HD filter without prefilter, it is not really useful ...

Agreed
In fact the pre-filter on mine hung open at the sewn seem and would actually cause the filter to pack full of sawdust. I ran it without the pre-filter also and I even checked with the company Outerwears http://www.outerwearsracing.com/ to see about having a prefilter made. They could make them sure but with the added cost, I don't remember off the top of my head, on top of the moneys already spent on the HD setup, it just wasn't worth it. The actual performance gain is truly immeasurable but a richer carb adjustment surely suggested better flow with the mesh filter vs the other two.

Back