A little seamless act reaps huge reward

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agnes

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Thought I would share a recent experience with everyone.

Last weekend cut up some dead trees and split them into firewood. I'm pretty much set for firewood this year so I thought I would share the wealth with others. Decided to drop it off at my Sister in Laws, well the timing could not have been better apparently their wood craddle was empty and the wood would be put to use right away for heat. The kicker is my wife's brother passed away 2 years ago at 52 leaving the wife and 4 kids. Needless to say she was very exicted and grateful that I dropped some wood off.

Drove home with an empty truck but I was overwhelmed with a feeling satisfaction knowing that I was able to help others in need.

Just thought I would share the story since in my opinion there is no better group of people then the members on this site.

Don't hear much of that anymore...too much selfishness.
That was one of the best lil stories I've read in awhile.

Rep sent!!!:yourock::yourock::yourock:

Nice move-----now grab a couple of those kids and show 'em how wood warms you twice.

The two older ones are in college so they are busy being college kids. But the two younger boys are 15 and 10 so I have taken an active role in their lives. The 15 year old is a work horse with a great work ethic unbelievable for today's kids. The 10 year old is no slouch either just tries to keep up with his brother.

One Saturday morning they helped me split and stack wood at the end I gave both a pair of work gloves. You wouldn't believe how grateful they were for a pair of leather work gloves.

2 years ago I brought them to the NY Woodsmen show too.

attachment.php

That's great to hear. Wish more of that was going on the world would be a better place.
Would rep ya but I'm out of bullets.

rep sent (from Mike Williams, loaned him a bullet!!!) Great job and it's a feeling like no other, keep up the great work!

:agree2::agree2:

Thank you much. Will return soon as I get a reload :)

That's fine...not necessary but thanks! I shared your thoughts and was headed to the end of the post to do just that so (we) ended up doing it. I don't even know where the bullets come from so why not use them up...??? That's the way my son hunts...dad buys so I gotta shoot 'em all up...haha.

have a nice day!

That's fine...not necessary but thanks! I shared your thoughts and was headed to the end of the post to do just that so (we) ended up doing it. I don't even know where the bullets come from so why not use them up...??? That's the way my son hunts...dad buys so I gotta shoot 'em all up...haha.

have a nice day!

You as well.

:confused:

"Seamless"?

Got me! :laugh:

Should have used the word "meager"

I was hesitant to post but figured why not share something good? The world is full of bad news and stories of people doing bad things.

What still amazes me is how "wood" can have such an impact on so many people in so many different ways! :cheers:

Thanks for the dictonary link I will be sure to use it in the future too.

Back