A little Sunday morning adrenalin

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curlybirtch

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
A neighbor of mine that lets us use his field for our horses needed a couple of dead pines cut down. So of course...me always liking to bite off more than I can chew said "no problem". Mind you, I am not a logger, a expireienced tree climber, or anything close to professional when it comes to dropping trees. I am what you guys here probably would call a hack. I had one of my buddies come over and help out as he has alot more expirience in cutting the biger stuff. One of the pines was about 90' tall and about 36" through. The other was the same diameter but the top had blown off and was only about 30' tall. We used a heavy duty come along with some wedges and it worked slick. Some good butt logs for sawing out, he might get someone in there with a wood mizer to make some sawdust.

I probably did some stuff wrong here but when it was all said and done, no one was dead and the trees were on the ground............... victory! All in all, it got the blood pumping.

A neighbor of mine that lets us use his field for our horses needed a couple of dead pines cut down. So of course...me always liking to bite off more than I can chew said "no problem". Mind you, I am not a logger, a expireienced tree climber, or anything close to professional when it comes to dropping trees. I am what you guys here probably would call a hack. I had one of my buddies come over and help out as he has alot more expirience in cutting the biger stuff. One of the pines was about 90' tall and about 36" through. The other was the same diameter but the top had blown off and was only about 30' tall. We used a heavy duty come along with some wedges and it worked slick. Some good butt logs for sawing out, he might get someone in there with a wood mizer to make some sawdust.

I probably did some stuff wrong here but when it was all said and done, no one was dead and the trees were on the ground............... victory! All in all, it got the blood pumping.

Watch those angled backcuts! Study up on some facing techniques... Other than that, well done, and glad you had a good time. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

look at that backcut!!!

clearly your buddy stinks at all that is saw related. all i need to see is the stump.

get some ppe too.

I figured I could get some good comments from this. Keep'em coming old dirty. As noted in the first post......... "hack". Again, didnt claim to do anything right except the trees being on the ground, but I am sure if look close enough, probably messed that up as well.

Tomtrees, I have all the PPE, helmet, chaps, boots, etc....but I wasnt doing the cutting and my buddy chooses not to wear it.

Great state of NH, "Live Free or Die". Just like all the folks that like to ride their motorcycle without a helmet....its their choice.

Last edited:
Well as you said ... the tree is down and no one was killed ... you had better go buy a lotto ticket ... by the looks of that stump ... I wouldn't go double or nothing.
Glad to see all went well. :jawdrop:

Latest posts

Back