A not so funny story when the buyer picked up my CSM...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotorSeven

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So I ended up putting the Woodbug mill and 066 on fleabay. It sold for the opening amount ($1500)which was a few hundred less than what I paid for it which I am ok with.
Anyway, the 066 has never had a starting issue...always fired after the "pop" on choke, then one or two pulls off choke. It's my fault, but I didn't check it or dump the several month old fuel out & put fresh in. I guess I wanted him to see it go from bone cold. The buyer arrives, I go over all the info, drag out all the misc mill stuff, then grabbed the 066 to "show him the proper starting sequence". Yep, wouldn't start, then I flooded it, took it apart and cleaned the plug, checked the compression & cylinder, dumped the old fuel, put it all back together and commenced to yanking. I even made a joke about the price going down at every pull......he didn't laugh:cry:. Finally, I am sweating a fountain, arm is sore and I hear what might have been a wee little pop.....yank,yank,yank........POP......yank.......yank.........YES it fired up!

Thank goodness it ran and idled fine, money was exchanged and they guy got a great deal. Lesson learned.............:givebeer:

RD

Good thing he bought it. I know all about the pop on the first pull..on choke.

And how to flood it. But, I only flood it when there are people around...

I just had to take my 088 in for a carb kit. And am waiting....it has been two long hours...with out my "baby".....

Good thing he bought it. I know all about the pop on the first pull..on choke.

And how to flood it. But, I only flood it when there are people around...

I "heard", you always hit your "log post" when people are around too... ha ha ha

Rob

I sold an old garden tractor that was a bit cranky. I even put that in the ad. I hadn't used it for months, but the night before I placed the ad I went back and it fired right up. I used it around the yard for a couple hours with no problem. I almost decided to keep it.

When the first guy came to look at it of course it wouldn't start the very next day. Then a clip popped off the starter drive, hit the guy in the face, and promptly lunched the plastic starter drive gear.

I apologized to the prospective buyer, but he told me If I could get it started he was still interested. Of to the spare parts box I went for a spare gear. 30 minutes later we were loading it into the back of his truck and having a good laugh.

I used to have a somewhat opposite problem working at the sawmill - something could be acting up and making my job miserable all day, but as soon as I reported it to maintenance or a supervisor things would magically improve, making me look like an idiot.:monkey:

But yes, I've had the same things happen with saws, but it's usually when I need to use them rather than need to sell them. It sure taught my dad to not gripe about me bringing 3 (or more) saws to a firewood job though! Hard to cut when the only one won't start.

Yeah, I learned the hard way to take 3 saws when cutting. Sure makes things easier{361, 024or026 and my 192T. Break downs and hang-ups aside, I read that some of the guys here think of the 361 as a "limber"........NOT! For me the 192T is just a pleasure to limb with(I know it's a top handle). On those occasions that I limb with the 361 I feel it's weight after about 15min........I can go all day with the 192t.

RD

Back