A Tree Fell on My Old Truck!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taplinhill

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
On Friday here in Vermont we got some fairly strong winds (125MPH on Mt Mansfield), and with that we got some damage. And one of the things that got damaged was my old '80 K20. A rotten core and a strong wind, and done she came. Both fenders and the hood got dented, but none of that was very good to begin with. A few minutes with my Jones-E 2165 china-made test mule and she was all cleared up.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks like you have a few targets...er, trucks around to soften the landing for the trees.:msp_wink:

I've got a few old project trucks myself. I'm proud to say that I've got all but one to the running and driveable stage. I'm itching to change that, can't wait to get another diesel to play with, but it should wait.

Mr. HE:cool:

Between the chainsaws, and old pick-ups, and old tractors, and old snowmobiles, I have enough projects to last me 3 or 4 lifetimes. And then, only if I scrape up the money to do it. At least I've learned that buying a project is the easy part.

Was it Thursday night into Friday morning? My kids Trampoline ended up in a tree. Started the 362xp up at quarter to 7, wife yelled the neighbors are gonna be pissed. I told her, that if they look out there windows and see what Im doing they'd understand. Got it down, and straightened it out. Its now chained to my fourwheeler to keep it from flying again. I told all the guys at work, wish I had taken a pic. A picture is worth a thousand words.

It started early Friday morning here and was really going good in the afternoon. I guy I know, his snowmobile trailer (empty) blew out of his door yard and into the brook behind his house.

You realize, It is better to have a tree hit your truck, than you hit the tree while in the truck. See, always a bright side. Now...have a beer!

On Friday here in Vermont we got some fairly strong winds (125MPH on Mt Mansfield), and with that we got some damage. And one of the things that got damaged was my old '80 K20. A rotten core and a strong wind, and done she came. Both fenders and the hood got dented, but none of that was very good to begin with. A few minutes with my Jones-E 2165 china-made test mule and she was all cleared up. .... /QUOTE]

So the three did get hurt....:msp_scared:

Old truck are built like mules it.
Either way its a CHEVY!

Sent from my USCCADR3305 using Tapatalk 2

They don't build them like they used to,I know the truck is a little beat but you can't even really tell it was hit, now drop a tree on any newer truck and it would show.

Looks like the wind did that tree a favor, the ants have done a good job of killing that tree. Yer truck just has more character now:msp_w00t:

We had a tornado here a couple years ago. Never been one come through here before. It destroyed piles of trees and everything else it crossed.

Anyways, we had a surge of fence work come from it. I remember a job we were going to right after the tornado. They had just got the roads cut out for travel. We had to work on the road the guy lived on for a few days ourselves.

Anyways, I keep rambling...:D My point was, in one of the yards there was a huge Sycamore blown over on top of a car. It mashed it to the ground. After closer looking we finally figured out what it was. A brand new Corvette Z06. :censored: I bet that guy was bummed out.

We had floods in the town over about three months ago, The stream under minded a guys garage and out fell a Vette, Washed down stream.

And I like those old Chevy?Gmc trucks.

Back