A wacky chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
Who can tell me about this chain?

It's on a "like NEW" Echo 610 EVL - twin cylinder...

The chain sequence has a left chipper cutter, a TWIN whatever cutter, then a right chipper cutter...

attachment.php

attachment.php

dneiger

dneiger

ArboristSite Operative
Chain

Kolve chain supposed to be anti-kick and it kicked like a Missouri mule, could not sharpen it and make it cut worth a hoot, you had to sharpen straight across the wings and flat on top. As per many other great ideas, great only in the minds of the inventor.

Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
Heck, from the outside it looks like any other echo chainsaw of the period!

Not all that heavy, and I've been told that it's real smooth and torquey. Guess I'm going to have to find out!

Last edited:
Sprig

Sprig

Addicted to ArboristSite
As Thall would say 'Cool beans!' on the chain's identity, that is some strange in my book and bet its a biatch to sharpen, hmmm, wonder how much more so after rockin' it? iyiyiyiyiiiiiyiiyiyiyiii, 'better mousetrap syndrome' I think :bang:

:cheers:

Serge

arborterra

arborterra

ArboristSite Member
Twin Cylinder Echo

I have a twin cylinder Echo 610 EVL also. It is a different saw. 30 cc per cylinder & they both fire at the same time so it doesn't sound much if any different than other chainsaws. I thuoght it was cool so I bought it for $20.00 ten or twelve years ago I think. The man wanted to sell two of them. I wish I had bought both so I would have spare parts. You can't have too many chainsaws, right ?

Gatsby174

Gatsby174

ArboristSite Operative
My echo dealer up the road has the twin cylinder 610-evl on display. It's new, never been started or had gas in it. When the echo rep came a while back he offered the owner $3000 for it, but he declined. they must have some value if the rep is offering to pay out serious cash for it!

andrethegiant70

andrethegiant70

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have a friend who has one and loves it (his was the John Deere version). He showed it to me one day without telling me it was a twin and I about popped a cork trying to figure out wat I was looking at. He had a heck of a laugh on me. Its a fairly heavy chainsaw but very torquey. They are getting very few and far between and a good one will fetch upwards of $300 used.