acquired a 360 today at work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4American

Got Sawdust?
Reaction score
today i decided i might try and build myself a saw outta all the parts and junk saws we have settin around..i checked out a few stihl 290s and the pistons and cylinder walls were all torn to hell and then i remembered this old saw thats been collecting dust for years. pulled off the exhaust and cylinder looked mint even had some old oil hangin out..had no idea what kinda saw it was pretty much all we run at work is 290s and this was definitely not a 290. it has this huge throttle lock deal on the top part of the handle and i was scrathing my head trying to figure out what it was. opened the tank and it reeked in there the gas was real spoiled. without thinking i dumped it right on the ground behind my truck and oh boy it stunk so bad all day even after i brake cleaned and hosed it off..we have two waste oil tanks and i dumped it on the ground...jeez! so anyways i cleaned out the tank, changed the fuel filter, changed the spark plug, sprayed some pb blaster on top of the piston...and went to pull it over...but there was no pull cord the whole cover was gone. went to digging around found a lot of 290 pull cord cover deals and found one that was different and it was hard to read but i could make out a 3 and a 6..put it on, perfect fit..cleaned off that sticker and holy i could make out that it was 62cc displacement! i was gettin excited! well i put two and two together added twelve and carried 5 and come up with it was a ms360. i was real happy. so anyways after pulling it over for awhile she fired right up! i have no idea why this saw was set for parts...so i took that, the cover and some other spare parts for it home and hopefully in some time i'll have a new used beat up 360! pretty happy! good day today, and its friday so that makes it even better.

360 = Nice

My 360 is a good runner after the MMod and re-tune, feels like it will out cut my bone stock 460 in most wood...

If it has the big operator presence (interlock) lever sticking out of the handle, its actually an MS360QS.

Tony

If you don't show us pictures, we don't believe you :msp_razz:

whats the interlock ? like in a car it wont let you saw after too many beers ? :cheers:

It won't let you cut if you're taking a swig. You either have to tape the interlock down, or swap out your hard hat for one of these when running a QS saw.

Tony

beerhelmet.jpg

Last edited:
If it has the big operator presence (interlock) lever sticking out of the handle, its actually an MS360QS.

Tony

Very good call! There arent a ton of them out there. They are actually a pretty neat design, and built well. I dont feel the need for a secondary brake, but it is a cool feature, isnt cumbersome, and doesnt interfere with the ergonomics of the saw. They also have the decompression release, as the 360 PRO does.

Back