Added another brand to my collection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the original style handle from Bruce, painted it Saturday, and finally got this thing back together tonight. This probably isn't the correct bar, but it's NOS and matches nicely, 16" 3/8. I also didn't know whether to use the red or black knobed oiler rod. I have one of each. It's a done deal now since the roll pins are driven back in.

I still need a few more parts as mentioned before. I need the bushing for the starter pulley, as well as the dust shield and large clip ring that hold it in the recoil housing. I also need the screw that holds the top handle onto the tank housing. Please PM me if you can help me out there.

379061186_uusdm-M.jpg
379060995_eoxwN-M.jpg

379061265_Ccxov-M.jpg
379061297_A6X4h-M.jpg

379061015_mdsBZ-M.jpg
379061136_rqt8j-M.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Brad. Nice Job. That Button that you have for your Manual Oiler, is not the Original Button. It's been added on later, because probably it was broken off. The one that was with the Handle, I sent you was the Original Part. Other than that, the Saw Looks Awesome.
I decided to switch over the Clutch Side Starter, over to a Fan Side Starter on my Mac 1-10 as well, because I felt I needed to put a Chain Brake on that Saw.
Since I Injured my Back 7 years ago, my Balance isn't the greatest, and I've stumbled a quite a bit while Cutting in the Bush, and all I would need to do is fall with a Chain Saw without a Chain Brake. I have fallen a few times in the bush, with a Chain Saw, and the Brake was nice, when I was able to get it on, and prevented Danger to me. I've never fallen onto the Chain Saw, because I was able to get it away from me, as I fell. So I have all the Parts your looking for for the Starter, and the Bolt for the Handle, if your interested. Bruce.

Thanks a lot Bruce! Now I have to pull that oiler rod and put the black one in.:cry: :cry: :cheers: Of course I picked the wrong one. I'll have the spare parts boxed up shortly and returned to you. I also have the tank/handle I got from Calvin that has the throttle interlock pieces in it. You can have it all if you want it. Do you happen to have the pieces I need for inside the recoil?

Hi Brad. I have the Complete Unit that I can part with. You will have extra parts for yours, which is nice to have extra parts. As I said I switched my Starter over to a Fan Side Starter so I can have a Chain Brake, and I no longer need it. I even have the Bolt you are looking for your Handle as well. Bruce.

Last edited:
Hi Brad. I have the Complete Unit that I can part with. You will have extra parts for yours, which is nice to have extra parts. As I said I switched my Starter over to a Fan Side Starter so I can have a Chain Brake, and I no longer need it. I even have the Bolt you are looking for your Handle as well. Bruce.

Sweet.

Thanks a lot Bruce! Now I have to pull that oiler rod and put the black one in.:cry: :cry: :cheers: Of course I picked the wrong one. I'll have the spare parts boxed up shortly and returned to you. I also have the tank/handle I got from Calvin that has the throttle interlock pieces in it. You can have it all if you want it. Do you happen to have the pieces I need for inside the recoil?
OK. I have another Tank/Handle like I sent you, I'll send along with the Starter Assembly as a spare for your Chain Saw. When you don't have a spare, somthing will always happen to the only one you have. Been there done that. LOL. Bruce.

I think the resto looks great and you did a very nice job! If I can critique one small part though, it would be the yellow jug. Is that the way they looked originally? Maybe Bruce will know?

I think the resto looks great and you did a very nice job! If I can critique one small part though, it would be the yellow jug. Is that the way they looked originally? Maybe Bruce will know?

I totally agree with you on the yellow jug. It looks like a lazy resto. However, that's the way these saws were made. In fact, even the screw heads should be painted. These saws were painted after assembly and everything was painted. Obviously a few parts were put on later like the throttle and choke, oiler knobs.

I totally agree with you on the yellow jug. It looks like a lazy resto. However, that's the way these saws were made. In fact, even the screw heads should be painted. These saws were painted after assembly and everything was painted. Obviously a few parts were put on later like the throttle and choke, oiler knobs.

Than, you did good!.....Just looked unusual is all.....Guess I don't know Macs very well......:cheers:

BTW.....Was you planning on getting any wood chips & oil on this thing? :D

BTW.....Was you planning on getting any wood chips & oil on this thing? :D

I was afraid someone was going to ask that. No. It's found it's way into the basement with my collectable Stihls. I have no need for this saw as a working tool. It's only value to me is as a collectors item. The paint chips easily and would likely be damaged with fuel. However, I do want all of my saws in 100% workable condition. Add fuel and oil and she'd be ready to go. Sorry to disappoint some of you guys. I can see about 5 more pages already over this question and answer:) My 07S and 08S have never seen wood since their restoration. The old David Bradley was not painted and has seen wood. The S10 was not painted but resides with the 07S and 08S, so no wood there either. And that's even after putting new rings in it!

Last edited:
Can't necessarily blame you, after all the work. I don't remember, did you get a chance to run it before the resto? If so what did ya think of the old Mac?

Can't necessarily blame you, after all the work. I don't remember, did you get a chance to run it before the resto? If so what did ya think of the old Mac?

Oh yes, she runs good. If a saw isn't running good before restoration, it must be run afterwards. As I mentioned, it must be put up in 100% condition. Matter of fact, I almost always run a saw afterwards. I just saw no reason to risk this spray bomb paint job. The 07S and 08S were run after restoration and even tuned. But they have acrylic urethane paint and I didn't have to worry about hurting the paint on them so much.

Last edited:
Just seen the pics...

Nice job Brad!!! That turned out really great!!! Makes a nice addition to your collection...... :clap:

Latest posts

Back