Added another brand to my collection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bobby, ever seen anything like this before?:dizzy:

360833426_6XZej-M.jpg

I just came from TSC looking for paint. I was hoping to find one of their industrial spray paints to match. About the closest I could come was JD yellow and that's not as dark. New Holland yellow is even lighter. Rustoleum has one that looks close but I'm guessing it's not as durable/fuel resistant. Help me out here you Mac guys.

Ive come to terms with you washing parts in dishwasher but doesnt it leave any oil scum or film in the washer. Like the time I washed my greasy workpants in washingmachine then wifes whites. Wasnt pretty.:jawdrop:

Not much at all. That is if you blow all the nasty stuff off with compressed air first. I skipped that step once and ended up having to scrub it out. An no, I didn't wait until she told me to:)

I just came from TSC looking for paint. I was hoping to find one of their industrial spray paints to match. About the closest I could come was JD yellow and that's not as dark. New Holland yellow is even lighter. Rustoleum has one that looks close but I'm guessing it's not as durable/fuel resistant. Help me out here you Mac guys.

I'm not ' a mac guy ' YET ( as i only have one ! ), although went to auto paint shop yesterday.Seems Mac have used a few differant shades too.Asked if i could use his computer to show him the shade i wanted ,from Acres site......he smiled.....looked at me like i was a nutter and said....... OK.He did a sample match......picking it up today.
Good luck Brad ......:cheers:

Hows the beefed up NOS 084 coming along ?

I'm not ' a mac guy ' YET ( as i only have one ! ), although went to auto paint shop yesterday.Seems Mac have used a few differant shades too.Asked if i could use his computer to show him the shade i wanted ,from Acres site......he smiled.....looked at me like i was a nutter and said....... OK.He did a sample match......picking it up today.
Good luck Brad ......:cheers:

Hows the beefed up NOS 084 coming along ?

Even this one saw has different shades on it since the tank/handle has been replaced.

I just found this on a gocart website. LINK. I wonder which would be most durable and fuel resistant?

Suggestions for readily available spray can high temp yellow paint, that are close to McCulloch yellow:
- AutoZone DE1642 yellow high temp engine enamel
- Engine yellow: Krylon DE1642 Daytona Yellow, 500 F
- Dupli-Color Engine Enamel in Daytona Yellow (#DE1642)
- Rust-Oleum Sunburst Yellow (7747)

What do you know. I was born in '68:clap:

68 is a popular year for many things one i was born that year.

Me 3.....:cheers:

The dishwasher is really becoming a popular way to clean military surplus, rifle stocks also. To get the cosmoline and other crud off before refinishing.

Looking forward to seeing that old Mac all spiffy again!......I'm a sucker for pretty things. :drool: :laugh:

The shortblock's back together. Everything's sanded and has a coat of self-etching primer. The color will go on tomorrow.

361545438_NZgBY-M.jpg

How's this for a color match? That is original paint on the bottom of the tank. Its's Krylon Sun Yellow from Auto Zone.

With flash.
361545536_NVh3L-M.jpg

Without flash.
361545509_k89JD-M.jpg

Yes, I should have cleaned up the fins on the cylinder:(

Last edited:
No split case ??? Wondering about finding seals etc !!!!
Looks like the shade I picked.......as usual.... yr way ahead of me...
too much yard duty !!!

- Graeme

You can see the jug without the crankshaft in the dishwasher pic. The seals were still pliable and in good shape so I'm resuing the old ones. This is another saw whose original finish was applied after being nearly completely assembled. I chose to paint it in pieces since it will be easier to get good covering.

Brad.
It looks Pretty Close to the Original. Good Stuff. :bowdown: :bowdown: .
Before I forget. When you reinstall your Clutch back on your Chain Saw. Make Very Sure you get it Torqued Down to 400 - 420 Inch Pounds, with a Torque Wrench.
This is Very Very Important. I didn't get mine tight enough and the Clutch came loose. The Clutch wobbled on the Crank Shaft, and Chewed the Heck out of the Key Way in the Crank Shaft.
I had parts here from another Chain Saw with a Fan Side Starter, and a Fly Wheel with the starter dogs as well, and converted it over from a Clutch side Starter to a Fan Side Starter.
I thought I'd better mention that to you. because I sure would hate to see you go to all this work and make a Beautiful Job of Painting your Chain Saw, and have something happen to you like what happened to me. Someday I'm going to get the Crank Shaft fixed, and convert the Starter back over to a Clutch Side again. Or I might leave it as is. It works fine this way aswell. Bruce. P.S. Let me know if you would like this Oiler Button, and I'll send it to you.

What do you know. I was born in '68:clap:

So Bruce, do you want me to wait until I get the missing parts from Surefire? I'll PM you my address.

Edit: You've got PMs blocked. PM me your email addy.
Brad. It doesn't matter to me about the Center Piece. I just bout this Gas Tank Assembly for a Back up, in case one of mine gets broken. I had to change the Handle, Gas Tank Assembly on my Pro Mac 700, because the Handel part got crushed by a tree as it fell. I had the bar pinched, as it started to fall, and took the Chain Saw with it. Here is my email address, and we can give each other's Mailing information. Bruce. P.S. like I said before, to keep the parts I mentioned. Bruce.
[email protected] .

Latest posts

Back