Adios 361...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

litefoot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Was at a saw shop yesterday and he had a lightly-used 440 sitting on the bench that had been straight-gassed. Alongside the saw was a new OEM piston/cylinder kit he was going to install. I happened to have my 361 in the truck with me and knowing I already an overabundance of 50-60cc saws, I offered a trade for the 440. He agreed and I got a case thrown in the deal too.

We swapped bars 25" for 20", since I have plenty of 84 DL chains. So there it is. The 361 is gone. I have a good-looking 440 (except for a cracked air filter cover that the dingle-berries at the shop damaged) and a new P&C to install. Time will tell if this was a wise move, but for now I'm happy. You'll see pics tomorrow.

Well here it is on the operating table awaiting a transplant. It cleaned up pretty nicely.

attachment.php

That is one clean looking unit! Very nice. Please post the report on the surgery results!

Here's another couple of pics after cleaning it up. I noticed that this one has an "X" serial numbers (insert X-Files music) which makes it one of those QC units, IIRC. The number is X 166186502. Anyone have a date on this? Surgery is going to wait until I get 2 other saws back together.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back