Advertising question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlesv842

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Im starting a chainsaw repair service. Ive posted ads on local apps like nextdoor. Ive called tree services without any luck. What else should I be doing?

Why would someone go to you instead of a dealer?

You need that message out there.

There are 3 reasons:
*Quality: Most, but certainly not all, dealers have a certain quality of service... Mostly because they have been doing it long enough that they have acquired skills. Can you match or even better beat the quality of service of local dealers?
*Time: Can you provide quicker turn around?
*Price: I list this last because, especially for tree care services, it probably is the last of the 3 concerns. I'll pay more to know it will be done by Monday and I won't be back to get it fixed again.

1 idea: Call a couple tree service companies back again. Ask if they have any old non-running saw sitting around. Offer to repair one of them for the cost of parts. Let them know that are doing that because you want to show them that you can do a great job and do it as quick as possible. You are donating your labor for one small job to prove that you are worth working with in the long term.

Maybe for the homeowner, advertise a free chain sharpening - Just to get them in the door, and a few business cards in their hand so they know you are there and can share with others.

For my business, the only reason I'd bring in a saw to a repairman would be for porting. It's something I just don't dare do to one of my saws. All the other repairs, I just order the part and fix it myself. Many of the other tree companies I work with are in the same boat. We do our own repairs. We are all looking for someone local here who can mod our saws though. Is that something you can offer for your community? If so, you can do some videos of before and after mods on some saws to get you some cred.

Good luck.

Im starting a chainsaw repair service. Ive posted ads on local apps like nextdoor. Ive called tree services without any luck. What else should I be doing?
Hi Charles, We do our business online helping people to source parts easier and get their outdoor power equipment fixed easier we are looking for a repair shop to work with so that we can help them with the online promotion and they can help us with the local offline promotion and we are willing to help start-ups. Are you up for a collaboration? Maybe we would help each other in this case.

Latest posts

Back