Advertising

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the store hangup flyers dont really work, as i think i states somewhere.

as for knocking doors. weekends work best because more people are home. when you get someone home, you are then a salesman and must remember that. this person was watching tv 3 seconds ago and now you want them to spend a thousand dollars. i have learned a technique by arguably(for ethical reasons) the best storm work salesman alive. give them your bid and tell them to think about, then walk away. trying to sell them on the spot doesnt work some times, and you can normally tell when, by their demeanor and attitude.

giving them the idea that you dont need their work, but will do the right job for the right price, leaves quite an impression. also ive found that by taking the time to explain more details about our work to people teaches them something. if you teach them something, then they will respect your knowledge of arborculture. respect is a step towards trust. which is what you want. if someone trusts you to do their work, then your putting money in the bank.

After Completion Of A Job Ask For At Lease 3 Referrals And Always Talk To The Next Store Neighbors While Your Crew Is Working And DONT For Get Yard Signs Post One On Every Job And Leave It,let Your Clint Throw It Away, They Look At It For About 2 Weeks For About 5.00 Thats Not Bad Advertising

Last edited:
I've been running an ad in our local paper all season. For a few weeks it worked great, gotta few $ jobs out of it. It's tapered off now but I'm hoping for the best. We've had shirts for about a year now and they always get people asking about our work. Just this weekend we lettered up our trucks and hopefully that will bring in more. Here's a pic of us pretending to be badazzes in front of the new trucks.
CTC.jpg

You might think of wearing those shirts pard just some friendly advise!

Or spend some money on tattooing that shirt design on everyone.

"the store hangup flyers dont really work, as i think i states somewhere."

I was about to think you were right until all of a sudden I got three calls from three different store locations. We already did two of the jobs and they were pretty good sized for us, 2-3 man teams. I don't know if was some freak thing, maybe having to do with the moon or something.

I'll try it one more time at the same stores, if it doesn't work, then I'll only post someplace if I happen to be there.

We also just paid for our first add in our local paper. It runs for two weeks. If we even get one decent job from it I will buy the four week. Otherwise, I will try switching papers.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a place online to get those lawn signs pretty cheap (but without any horror stories)? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

billboards go from a granf a month and up around here. probably alot more in some places.

put sign on corners. by the stop signs is a good spot

just make sure you don't put them over the stop sign LOL!!!

Always always always on the job. As well as our hats. This was just a good day of havin' beers and workin' on trucks. The girls wanted the shirts off for the pic. We do as they say.

Latest posts

Back