Advice on Purchasing a New Chain Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Virgin Cut! :D

Moving on to something larger....

I stopped the video 'cause I thought I was about out of time with it... was able to knock over the tree and sever the little bit that was still attached.
Then I tried to cut it flush to the ground -not quite enough I'm afraid for the mower to go over. May have to hit it with the ax, or something.
View attachment 509555 View attachment 509556

WOO-HOO!!!!!:dancing::happybanana::cheers:
so glad I bought this saw. It'll be a good warm up for the chain saw, too.

Congratulations!!!!

Muh camo cover for the helmet came in.

View attachment 509850
Damn, I'm glad...'cause I never unboxed or found the ones I've got in the shop I told you about. They gotta be boxed up somewhere in the top of the shop I 'spose...and the top of the shop is thick with boxes...and heat too. :dizzy:

Don't stop now, don't want any dead air time...

I cleaned my Mossberg 500AT yesterday for the firs time. That thing was dirtier than a cheap 2$ whore. My father took it on trade about 20 years ago and I doubt its ever been cleaned in that time. It didn't get a whole lot of use through those years, not like a regular hunting gun or anything but it was used to blast a more than a few boxes of shells.... I was struggling with getting the forearm, no matter what cuss work I used it just wouldn't come off. So I finally said F it and unthreaded the magazine and it slid right off. I'll be damned, the magazine had a collar behind the middle of the firearm. DOH! None of the videos I watched on youtube showed it so I was stumped. It's probably because its the extended magazine that holds seven 3" shells. Its not spotless but it sure it a lot better. Once I was done I loaded it up and toasted a pop can. Damn thing smoked like a flint lock the first couple shots lol.

Don't stop now, don't want any dead air time...

I cleaned my Mossberg 500AT yesterday for the firs time. That thing was dirtier than a cheap 2$ whore. My father took it on trade about 20 years ago and I doubt its ever been cleaned in that time. It didn't get a whole lot of use through those years, not like a regular hunting gun or anything but it was used to blast a more than a few boxes of shells.... I was struggling with getting the forearm, no matter what cuss work I used it just wouldn't come off. So I finally said F it and unthreaded the magazine and it slid right off. I'll be damned, the magazine had a collar behind the middle of the firearm. DOH! None of the videos I watched on youtube showed it so I was stumped. It's probably because its the extended magazine that holds seven 3" shells. Its not spotless but it sure it a lot better. Once I was done I loaded it up and toasted a pop can. Damn thing smoked like a flint lock the first couple shots lol.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING:p

What happened to Lumber Jill TN Girl? How's that saw working? Did you try the pruning blades?
What saw? :rolleyes:
I've been so busy putting down mulch since last week, I haven't had time to do anything else.

But, that's soon to change, and so is my lifestyle... my 21 year old grandson is coming to live with me. He's having some issues where he is now and needs a fresh environment to get things sorted (if you get my drift). I haven't seen him in three years. I'm so excited... and a bit anxious at the same time. i hope things work out as well as I expect them to.

I may have to get him signed up here - he definitely could use a mega-dose of virtual he-man chest bumping. I know y'all would be a great influence on him. Yeah right!!! :laughing:
I pick him up Friday evening.
Wish me luck.;)

What saw? :rolleyes:
I've been so busy putting down mulch since last week, I haven't had time to do anything else.

But, that's soon to change, and so is my lifestyle... my 21 year old grandson is coming to live with me. He's having some issues where he is now and needs a fresh environment to get things sorted (if you get my drift). I haven't seen him in three years. I'm so excited... and a bit anxious at the same time. i hope things work out as well as I expect them to.

I may have to get him signed up here - he definitely could use a mega-dose of virtual he-man chest bumping. I know y'all would be a great influence on him. Yeah right!!! :laughing:
I pick him up Friday evening.
Wish me luck.;)
I'm sure your influence will be just what he needs. Most people do better in certain enviroments than others. Chest bumping is for the younger guys though.lol I'd probably pull a muscle if I tried it.lol

Back