Advise needed on Stihl 034 air filter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weenieroaster

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Can anyone advise a larger air filter that will fit on an 034 saw to increase air intake capacity. It's a modified saw, and the stock 034 filter loads up with dust very quick.

Thanks!

I had the habit of popping off the cover and tapping lightly on the filter to knock off the biggest accumulation of sawdust just about every time I filled the tank. Was well worth the slight inconveniance as great as this saw worked out for me. I was very sorry I sold it when I had thought I bought a worthy replacement with a great air filteration system.

Brushwacker,

Maybe you can hook up with another one off ebay or somewhere. I don't mind the inconvenience so much either, I carry a soft paint brush when I'm out working with the saw, and as you say, about every fill up or so clean it off.

I put a ported 036 jug on the 034, and am curious to see if more air will add to performance. Killer saw.

I seem to remember somebody mentioning another filter from a larger Stihl that will work on the 034 , but can't recall the model.

Back