Aftermarket cylinder options for Husqvarna 55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskyvarnya Saws

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am currently in the process of rebuilding a Husqvarna 55. I was optimistic that I would be able to salvage the 45mm closed port cylinder that was on it, but the scoring was worse than I thought, and that didn't work out. So now I am looking at options for an aftermarket piston/cylinder. Does anyone have any experience with the Hyway 46mm closed port cylinder kits over on HL? They have open port 46mm kits as well, but I assume the former would be more desirable. I am open to other suggestions as well. Thank you!

Hyway will get it running but it won't likely have the power stock did

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I suppose that makes the most sense considering the price difference. I'll probably go that route if I can't find a decent used one.

I did a Husqvarna 51 with a cheap kit I was not happy with it . I bought the mentor kit I did a base gasket delate the torque is strong speed is a little slow for what I want use it for . I ran a 550 it was what I was looking except for the starter rope seemed like I pulled it half way out before engauge . I knew Sthil had this fake start whip system . I really don.t want it

I started building one of those Hyway closed port setups a while back. .050 squish out of the box. 10+ pulls to start it and lazy. Put the stock open port cyl on that one with the new piston. Squish was fine. .025 or so
I need to throw that jug on the lathe and see what I can do with it. Have a 50 in rough shape that could use it.

I started building one of those Hyway closed port setups a while back. .050 squish out of the box. 10+ pulls to start it and lazy. Put the stock open port cyl on that one with the new piston. Squish was fine. .025 or so
I need to throw that jug on the lathe and see what I can do with it. Have a 50 in rough shape that could use it.
That's what I was afraid of because I don't have the tools to do any lathe work or milling. I put together a 350 with a Hyway piston/cylinder combo last year and it has ran pretty well, but I know they can be hit or miss. For the price difference when it comes to the 55 I think I have to go OEM. I'm still bummed that I couldn't save the OEM closed port cylinder. I had plans to do some porting for the first time.

455 is a while different animal. No idea what parts are worth on those
hi guys, I put a oem 46mm c\p on a 51 saw. has lots of compression and is just starting to break in. it must of been made on a thursday cause I had to put a comp release on it. getting old, my wrist doesent work real well anymore. LOL chuck

Latest posts

Back