Ain't this bucking fun?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forest Service dead and down permit. I just keep anything over 4" anything I put a saw too I keep. The rest they say to pile not over 2 feet in a localized area for pick up, 20 bucks with a 10 cord limit. Contracted company comes and hauls it off. Same company that has the Sawyers that clear. 3 of these are blowdowns. Lots of wind and rain last year. They thinned about + or minus 5000 acres. The sawmills took the biggest. Lincoln National Forest takes good care of us fuelwood people.

Forest Service dead and down permit. I just keep anything over 4" anything I put a saw too I keep. The rest they say to pile not over 2 feet in a localized area for pick up, 20 bucks with a 10 cord limit. Contracted company comes and hauls it off. Same company that has the Sawyers that clear. 3 of these are blowdowns. Lots of wind and rain last year. They thinned about + or minus 5000 acres. The sawmills took the biggest. Lincoln National Forest takes good care of us fuelwood people.
That's a pretty good deal. Even better if you can get a tractor with york rake in there. If the ground is reasonably hard/dry those can push brush and rocks with ease.

Checking out the area on Google Maps and it looks like a gem. Never did I expect such forests so far south in NM.

That's a pretty good deal. Even better if you can get a tractor with york rake in there. If the ground is reasonably hard/dry those can push brush and rocks with ease.

Checking out the area on Google Maps and it looks like a gem. Never did I expect such forests so far

Checking out the area on Google Maps and it looks like a gem. Never did I expect such forests so far south in NM.

Latest posts

Back