air temps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mga

wandering
Reaction score
i know some of you guys have blowers on your fire burners. have you ever taken temperature readings on the air being blown out?

i have a blower in my fireplace and the normal temps of the air being blown out is usually about 165 steady degrees. it has some times been as high as 300, depending on the fire. but, even at 165, the house gets too damn warm and we open a window.

with a blanket of coals and no fire, the temps are about 125 steady.

just wondering what others have as temps.(?)

With my infared gun, 375 is pretty hot, high 200s very common on my blaze king (non epa). I realize that the air is likely not quite that hot... maybe it really is though. With a full load of pine and cottonwood, stove temps on top hover about 475 for 10-12 hours, air temp is about 300 is during this. Interersting to see what new stoves do.

Just measured mine 175, with elm burning. Started fire about an hour ago. Used a digital meat thermometer so accuracy may be iffy.

How do you make the degree sign? I remember someone having instructions in their signature, but didn't pay attention to what it said. :bang:

175° cool.... or hot :biggrinbounce2:now can I remember alt 0176? Probably not. Anybody else measure air temps from their blower?

I leave a digital kitchen thermometer in the middle register of three runs. I can go over there and see if I have to go down to the basement and add wood. I like it to be around 135-140. Yesterday, I loaded it up, came upstairs and was browsing on here. I started to feel a little warm and when I checked, it was 160*! I go downstairs and open it up and the ash shelf? was glowing and the magnetic thermometer was pegged. I don't know if it really gassed or what. It just had a little bit of coals when I added the wood.

That little thermometer sure comes in handy!

Back