Alaskan Chainsaw Mill on Ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a very ordinary design. Once again designed for a fixed bar length and the bar sandwiching method slows down chain changes - there are much better designs - just look around on this forum.
Start by reading the Sticky thread at the top of the foru,
- check out post # 25 which shows the different ways that can be used to attach to the bar.
- post #60 on general design principles.

BobL,

I agree I have a lot of reading and researching to do. Should be a fun project. I will try to take and post pics along the way. It will probably either happen in the next month and a half or in the fall. I unfortunately don't have a lot of extra time in the summer.

Fortunately a lot of my questions can be answered by reading past posts on this website. If I run into any that can't be, I will be back here to ask.

...I would have to agree that is one motivated guy. Looks like if he is in Tokyo he should have missed most of the affects of the Earthquake. Who knows what will happen with all the radiation drifting around?

BobL,

I agree I have a lot of reading and researching to do. Should be a fun project. I will try to take and post pics along the way. It will probably either happen in the next month and a half or in the fall. I unfortunately don't have a lot of extra time in the summer.

Fortunately a lot of my questions can be answered by reading past posts on this website. If I run into any that can't be, I will be back here to ask.

Will Malloff's book on Chainsaw lumber making is worth a read. While we're not all milling with 090's there are lots of little tips in that book.

...I would have to agree that is one motivated guy. Looks like if he is in Tokyo he should have missed most of the affects of the Earthquake. Who knows what will happen with all the radiation drifting around?

Stu from Tokyo is a very impressive and helpful character. I have communicated several times with and I got some useful tips from him on tool steel. He also built his own upright bandsaw from scratch.

Latest posts

Back