All u Loggers Post your Pics here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StIhL MaGnUm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Post all your logging pics or videos here gentelmen..I'll be good and start..Have tons of them , finally got digital Cam

pic of the 545 , was a little mudy in this one area , had to go through it although did'nt want to but contractor said it was all getting filled in anyway

One of the outfits around here bought a new 525 cable two years ago and seems pleased with it. Good pics Rob, I'll try and find some time to take some this week.

Hey Ryan ,

The 525 is a nice machine also , I ran both at my last job but spent most of my time in the big Cat , one thing I dont like about either of them is the hydraulics , cant run the grapple and steer at the same time , has to be one function at a time , but other than that I think their a decent machine..
Hey get some pics of your job your doing : )

Rob

Hey Rob, we've got serious wood!!! We just moved on to a 50 acre select cut this week and it took me two days just to build the haul road and push the landing. The haul road is a half mile long into the woods and the back of the cut is 3/4's of a mile from the landing! Pretty steep ground in places on this tract, not much elevation but steep! Good thing I have a dozer to push the roads.

A knucleboom with a bucksaw is the best thing that ever happend to loggers :cool:

Nice pics Ryan : ) So how are things going..Are you still running the old skidder or did you end up getting the 540 Deere ? Well anyhow keep the pics coming

Rob

I should get the 540 this week but I have been running the franklin.

Ryan Willock said:
David, those are pallet logs so that load is worth about $500

You must be getting more for pallet than i am. That would be about 300.00
Here.

The guy I'm cutting for gets $41 per ton log run on this tract so to him its all the same. I personally get $42 per ton for poplar pallet logs and $32 for hardwood but allas this isn't my timber, oh well its a job.

Latest posts

Back