All you Canadians who want to see Ax men

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would imagine that the file is an Xvid or Divx file. some dvd players can read these types of files. check your manual.
if your dvd player cant play xvid or divx then you will have to use video trascoding software to convert it to standard DVD format.

I have a Divx player. and I have a dvd burner on the computer and Nero software. Thats where everything ends for me. How do I select the torrent that I downloaded to burn?

We do get it-on Bell Expressvu on the History channel. For some reason I can't update my profile but I am in Hudson, Quebec.

I have a Divx player. and I have a dvd burner on the computer and Nero software. Thats where everything ends for me. How do I select the torrent that I downloaded to burn?

okay well findout where on your Harddrive your bittorrent software downloads files (go into preferences in you torrent software and find the download location)
go into Nero and then burn that .avi video file to a DVD.
make sure you dont confuse the .torrent file with the .avi one as the .torrent file is not the actuall video it just dirrects your torrent software to peers you download from.

okay well findout where on your Harddrive your bittorrent software downloads files (go into preferences in you torrent software and find the download location)
go into Nero and then burn that .avi video file to a DVD.
make sure you dont confuse the .torrent file with the .avi one as the .torrent file is not the actuall video it just dirrects your torrent software to peers you download from.

Thats what I did, but it still don't work??? Nero burns successfully, but it don't play in my dvd player. I've burned dvd's this way before, and played in my dvd player fine. Don't know what the problem is.

Thats what I did, but it still don't work??? Nero burns successfully, but it don't play in my dvd player. I've burned dvd's this way before, and played in my dvd player fine. Don't know what the problem is.

the video is probably XVID and your player only suports DIVX
divix is slowly being fazed out for xvid and alot more of the HD codecs like h264 are showing up.
i beleive the compression is more favorable with xvid.

[/b]What is DivX?[/b]

DivX:
-Uses the highly compressed MPEG-4 video format, with variable bitrate (VBR)
-The resolution varies depending upon nature of material and size of movie file(s)
-Audio format is a matter of choice, but (VBR) MP3 is typically used, and sometimes AC3 (Dolby Digital 5.1, the original DVD audio)
-Usually avi extention
-Almost always 1 or 2 CDs, depending upon the length and nature of the film
-Three different codecs - 3.11, 4.xx and 5.xx
-3.11 is a hacked Microsoft codec and is the only one used in the scene
-4.xx and 5.xx were developed by DivXNetworks, a commercial entity
-3.11 movies play only on PS2/#### consoles (under certain conditions - where a certain modchip is installed, etc), a computer monitor or on a television via a computer's tv-out, not on standard DVD players. At most a few specially designed DVD players on the market support DivX, and even then 3.11 support is typically non-existent.

What is XviD?

XviD:
-Uses the highly compressed MPEG-4 video format, with variable bitrate (VBR)
-The resolution varies depending upon nature of material and size of movie file(s)
-Audio format is a matter of choice, but (VBR) MP3 is typically used, and sometimes AC3 (Dolby Digital 5.1, the original DVD audio)
-Usually avi extention
-Almost always 1 or 2 CDs, depending upon the length and nature of the film
-Fully ISO (Internation Standards Organisation) compliant
-Open source, free and still being heavily developed. There are multiple binaries available as a result
-Added as an alternative codec in the DivX scene "TDX Rules" for 2002 (it's a one or the other choice - i.e., a movie can be released in either DivX or XviD format, but not both)
-Increasingly being used instead of DivX
-Play only on PS2/#### consoles (under certain conditions - where a certain modchip is installed, etc), a computer monitor or on a television via a computer's tv-out, not on standard DVD players.

you can still play this movie on your DVD player you just have to transcode it to DVD format. you said you have nero. if its one of the newer versions then it should have an app with it called "nero vision" it can convert xvid\divx to DVD.
if you dont have the nero vision software installed you can try other software such as http://www.alloksoft.com/avi2dvd.htm or http://www.winavi.com/
convert X is also very simple and easy http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/ the trial version puts a logo in all the video it encodes but its minimal.

the video is probably XVID and your player only suports DIVX
divix is slowly being fazed out for xvid and alot more of the HD codecs like h264 are showing up.
i beleive the compression is more favorable with xvid.

you can still play this movie on your DVD player you just have to transcode it to DVD format. you said you have nero. if its one of the newer versions then it should have an app with it called "nero vision" it can convert xvid\divx to DVD.
if you dont have the nero vision software installed you can try other software such as http://www.alloksoft.com/avi2dvd.htm or http://www.winavi.com/
convert X is also very simple and easy http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/ the trial version puts a logo in all the video it encodes but its minimal.

Yes mine has nerovision, and thats what I used, and it didn't work.

Yes mine has nerovision, and thats what I used, and it didn't work.

well either the particular brand of DVDR media isn't compatable with your DVD player or it just burnt the xvid straight to the DVDR without transcoding it to the DVD format. if its all being done correct nero vision will do a lengthy transcoding process that takes longer and way more processor resources then burning the actual DVD does (transcoding video is the most intence task you can ask a PC to do so you know when its happening cause things are SLOOOOOOW). after its done trascoding for an hour (time depends on the speed of your computer) it will then take its ten minutes to burn.

here is a pretty basic tutorial on how to transcode video to DVD http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/272946
you probably dont have to mess around with DVD menues unless you really want to. hope that helps.

well either the particular brand of DVDR media isn't compatable with your DVD player or it just burnt the xvid straight to the DVDR without transcoding it to the DVD format. if its all being done correct nero vision will do a lengthy transcoding process that takes longer and way more processor resources then burning the actual DVD does (transcoding video is the most intence task you can ask a PC to do so you know when its happening cause things are SLOOOOOOW). after its done trascoding for an hour (time depends on the speed of your computer) it will then take its ten minutes to burn.

here is a pretty basic tutorial on how to transcode video to DVD http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/272946
you probably dont have to mess around with DVD menues unless you really want to. hope that helps.

Ya, like I said before, Ive used the excat same process to burn from avi to dvd, these dvd do work in my dvd player, I ve just had troubles with the as men show's thats it. Its definatly transcoding, it takes forever. Like 1.5h, and around 20-30min to burn.

Will

I just successfully burned episode 2 onto DVD using Nero. Plays back on a DVD player with DIVX. I burned it as a data file as opposed to a video file.

Ya, like I said before, Ive used the excat same process to burn from avi to dvd, these dvd do work in my dvd player, I ve just had troubles with the as men show's thats it. Its definatly transcoding, it takes forever. Like 1.5h, and around 20-30min to burn.

Will

hmmmm well im fresh out of ideas. can you try the DVD's you burnt in a friends DVD player and see if they work that way? i wonder if its transcoding it into a resolution your DVD player cant handle. what kind of error does your DVD player give you? no disc? cant read disc? or it can it read the disc and see the files but it just cant play the files?

kam said:
I just successfully burned episode 2 onto DVD using Nero. Plays back on a DVD player with DIVX. I burned it as a data file as opposed to a video file.

there are alot of variables in this equasion that differ from parrisw's. your DVD player is different and the DVD you burnt will probably only work on 10% of dvd players. dvd burner is probably different and running different firmware. your not transcoding anything so the files your playing off the DVD are a totally different format. and your media is different.

parrisw. definatly try it in another DVD player and if that doesn't work then its GOTTA be some setting hidden in nero somewhere. if you dont mind using up another DVDR try a trial version of that convertX software i sugested and see if that works. sorry i cant give you a definate answer but it seems that you know your stuff, your DVD player works, your burner works, your media works. the only variable that we cant confirm works is Nero vision. good luck.

hmmmm well im fresh out of ideas. can you try the DVD's you burnt in a friends DVD player and see if they work that way? i wonder if its transcoding it into a resolution your DVD player cant handle. what kind of error does your DVD player give you? no disc? cant read disc? or it can it read the disc and see the files but it just cant play the files?

there are alot of variables in this equasion that differ from parrisw's. your DVD player is different and the DVD you burnt will probably only work on 10% of dvd players. dvd burner is probably different and running different firmware. your not transcoding anything so the files your playing off the DVD are a totally different format. and your media is different.

parrisw. definatly try it in another DVD player and if that doesn't work then its GOTTA be some setting hidden in nero somewhere. if you dont mind using up another DVDR try a trial version of that convertX software i sugested and see if that works. sorry i cant give you a definate answer but it seems that you know your stuff, your DVD player works, your burner works, your media works. the only variable that we cant confirm works is Nero vision. good luck.

Thanks again, for your help.. Ya Ive done this literally a few hundred times before. Got me stumped on why this wont work.. Im sure its a encoding issue that nero isnt getting around. I'll try it on another player, I got 2 others to try.

Thanks

Will

Any ideas where I can find episode 3 online anyone? My usual sources failed.

Latest posts

Back