Allergic reaction to pine sap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1CallLandscape

1CallLandscape

ArboristSite Operative
hey, this may sound dumb but i always get an allergic reaction to pine sap when i get scratched by a cone or branch . i dont get it if its just on my skin without an abrasion (or on my hands) . the symptoms are: swelling, redness and some real discomforting pain....
usually i wear long sleeves for pines but it is just too dam hot to even wear a t-shirt ( i wear a tanktop & jeans obviously) today i did 2 an im feeling it! is there anyway to either stop this from happening or lessen the effects??? ive been told to use ivyblock but it didnt work.

-mike

smokechase II

smokechase II

Addicted to ArboristSite
pine itch

You know.
All the time on here, most will eventually say something like: "you need to bring in a pro", or "shouldn't be giving advice on a tree that dangerous over the internet".

Your quote; "and some real discomforting pain".

I'm a former EMT, and I shouldn't be giving advice over the net. Unless it's go to a Doctor. Seriously, a dermatologist.
One of them allegy guys.

This could end up being very very serious.

All the Best.

1CallLandscape

1CallLandscape

ArboristSite Operative
i should also mention that my father gets the same reaction...it clears up in a dayor two, so its probably nothing real serious, just a discomfort. its more pain than an itch.

-mike

NOMOREGEARS

NOMOREGEARS

ArboristSite Lurker
Pine allergy

If you are sensitized to pine then,you can have a full blown reaction at anytime. Check out what else pine is used for. Scare the ????e out of ya. Ask me how I know. My Dad came down with Beck's Sarcodosis from pine products. It used to be in aerosols. Myself, I can't work work with red cedar. I get flu like symptoms from the dust.

Newfie

Newfie

Addicted to ArboristSite
1CallLandscape said:
i should also mention that my father gets the same reaction...it clears up in a dayor two, so its probably nothing real serious, just a discomfort. its more pain than an itch. -mike

Well then get a helmet and quit yer b!tchin!:hmm3grin2orange:

BigJohn

BigJohn

ArboristSite Guru
My best advice is to simply refuse to climb pine trees. That's what I do. Pick your battles. I too am allergic pine sap gives me terrets.