Almost done with next winter's wood...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimdad07

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Almost have the wood done for next year, been real busy, running behind, how are you guys doing with it?
attachment.php
[/IMG]
attachment.php

attachment.php

You'd better get crackin ! I'm done with my 10/11 AND my 11/12 wood. I'm lookin to scrounge some for 12/13 at the moment. :greenchainsaw:

done

8 foot high 8 foot wide 12 foot deep nder a tin roof got twice as much marked to fall plus one mother nature put down and tonite i got a 36 dbh oak busted up by a storm that just made the cull list its leaning towards my neighbors house . i've got next year and the t=year after lined up right in the yard

Last edited:
2 year supply done, stacked and ready.
Have more to cut from bad wind storm in April, but not in a hurry.

I've certainly got enough to burn but I'm trying like hell to get a couple years ahead. Looking for as much dead wood as I can find this summer, shouldn't be to hard to find though.

Sounds like you guys are doing great. I have enough logs in the yard for 11/12 winter and enough blocked up for 10/11, just need to finish splitting and stacking, got a lot more done tonight after work.

Two cords left to split and stack yet, to join five cords done since January and somewhere between six and seven cords from the previous year, all split by hand. I go through around four cords a winter, so at this point I'm doing it for exercise and plan to maintain three years plus a bit of cushion. Ditto on the poison ivy, it's freakin' everywhere. This year seems even worse than last, so I reckon I'm done in the woods for the summer, sticking to the short grass.

Jack

I've got about 10 or 11 cords split and under cover. Last winter I used about 3 cords, so I should be good till the end of winter 12-13 with some to spare.

Ian

10-11 wood has been split and drying since winter, and I'd say I've got probably 1/4 of my 11-12 wood stacked up as well, and a cord of 09-10 leftovers as well. I've got quite a few oaks to cut yet, but with oak wilt in the area, I'm holding off till late summer/fall on them.

I may also have some more elm and oak lined up at a friend's property, but I haven't gone to look at it yet.

I've got about 2 acres I don't really use for anything besides firewood, so I could be 10 years ahead and not run out of room. I'd think of selling some before I got to that point though.

Ive been busy and running behind to. Ive got 10-11 stacked and covered, and have 11-12 in log form laying in the back yard waiting to be bucked, split and stacked. Probably have enough for 12-13, but i may end up selling it so it wont get punky before i need it.

Latest posts

Back