Almost to big to haul.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pic.
attachment.php

I thought I was the only one with a David Brown tractor on here. They must have been more popular in Canada than the US?

Ever tried any?

Nope never had a need!The tractor will barly pick up the but end !Moveing the log was a peice of cake once Loaded on the wheels.No chains required the weight of the log holds the back end down just fine!
Fumbling it up on to my mill is going to be the next big test, one end at a time I guess!!Its a heavy brute.
The Davey brown was not that popular at all ,but more so here in canada than state side for sure.Ya can pull just about anything with it if you can get traction and are able to keep the front end on the ground.Ive been looking skyward more than once pulling brutes like this!If I wasn't able to put the wheels under the log it would have had to be fire wood.Draging it would have been impossible.It had to move half a kilom to the mill site relitivly flat ground but still way to heavy to drag.Going to be fun!!:dizzy:

This is a 18 ft Doug Fir 29 inch butt
photoshare.shaw.ca/messages/viewthumb/7685532023-1232408848-73689/parm/page/1/15/
The ole davey brown just barly got it home.
Now I got to put it on to the mill sum how!
Thats going to be fun!

Sorry the picture thing wouldn't work for some reason so theres the link!

Hey FJH....nice log for sure. I'd bet you'll get some nice edge grain out of that. Looks like your snow is melting back - I still can't see my yard yet. Are you on the lower mainland / island?

Hey FJH....nice log for sure. I'd bet you'll get some nice edge grain out of that. Looks like your snow is melting back - I still can't see my yard yet. Are you on the lower mainland / island?

Nanaimo bro!
Not really after edge grain just 2 x 10s for building a garage!
I need 50 pc - 20 ft and 50pc - 14 ft 2 x 10 for my project.
the log in the picture MAY get axed to 14 not sure yet.May fire wood the butt.
I want em relitivly knot free so I don't have inspector problems.
So I use the first 3 logs from a fair sized tree for this the rest goes into 2x4and 2x6.
The guys here have been good they look at the wood and say you shouldn't
be building with that its to nice!But I hear tell we have a woman inspector in my area now and she likly won't have the eye for good wood that the guys have.the stuff they sell people at the building yards is just $hit comparitivly.
One thing about it If I build it with this stuff it won't fall down.:D

Great log there FJH:clap: I had four 20' 8"x8" cut in November. And sure takes a good tree to get a 20 footer out of it.

Back