AMSoil Saber in Stihl BR600 and warranty issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try running that up the flag pole with a Echo Dealer within their 5 yr warranty !
I think that you would have a hard time collecting on that warranty under any circumstances. The only way that they can make you use their crap, is to offer it for free and they-as well as any other company-know that damn good and well. They know the legality and count on people not being willing to call them on it.

I think that you would have a hard time collecting on that warranty under any circumstances. The only way that they can make you use their crap, is to offer it for free and they-as well as any other company-know that damn good and well. They know the legality and count on people not being willing to call them on it.
I have had no problem what so ever with my local Echo dealer , however have heard horror stories about their expressed 5 year warranty !

He means in a 50:1 mix, 50 parts of it (gasoline) aren't biodegradeable
yep. I thought about switching to plant based once...but then that realization came that it probably makes almost no difference.

I do use pure canola oil for barn and chain lubrication. highly recommend that. If a saw sits for a long time the chain will be a little stiff, but otherwise no problems what-so-ever 5 or 6 years in on that.

yep. I thought about switching to plant based once...but then that realization came that it probably makes almost no difference.

I do use pure canola oil for barn and chain lubrication. highly recommend that. If a saw sits for a long time the chain will be a little stiff, but otherwise no problems what-so-ever 5 or 6 years in on that.
Only time I used a plant based bar oil was in a new electric chainsaw to cut the back bone of a moose carcass during routine butchering !

i've only ever used hp ultra with ethanol free fuel in my BR 600, BR800, MS250, MS400, MM56 and an echo weed wacker. zero complaints. plus stihl always doubles the warranty if you buy a pack when getting a new tool.

I’ve run both oils. I now only use Stihl Ultra HP.
I have no doubt that the Sabre was GREAT oil. I just couldn’t bring my self to run the mix leaner that 50:1. When I mixed the Sabre at 50:1 if I didn’t run my string trimmers hard, they would eventually accumulate lots of oil in the mufflers. The only way to avoid this is running the trimmers hard and full throttle all the time. Or run a leaner oil mix. Which I just didn’t feel comfortable doing.

The only problem I had with the Ultra HP was on my hand held BG56 blower. It clogged the spark arrest fairly quick. I guess it could be running slightly rich on the gas. But it doesn’t seem like it.

All my other equipment has done great with the Ultra HP. No problem so far. I’ve been running it for at least 6-7 years now.

I’ve run both oils. I now only use Stihl Ultra HP.
I have no doubt that the Sabre was GREAT oil. I just couldn’t bring my self to run the mix leaner that 50:1. When I mixed the Sabre at 50:1 if I didn’t run my string trimmers hard, they would eventually accumulate lots of oil in the mufflers. The only way to avoid this is running the trimmers hard and full throttle all the time. Or run a leaner oil mix. Which I just didn’t feel comfortable doing.

The only problem I had with the Ultra HP was on my hand held BG56 blower. It clogged the spark arrest fairly quick. I guess it could be running slightly rich on the gas. But it doesn’t seem like it.

All my other equipment has done great with the Ultra HP. No problem so far. I’ve been running it for at least 6-7 years now.
As far as the Amsoil issue , your mixing it at the richest oil ratio that the manufacturer recommends . This along with your blowers apparent rich fuel to air mixture is what is causing your deposit issues . You did not advise what your mixing the ultra at 40:1 or 32:1 ?

As far as the Amsoil issue , your mixing it at the richest oil ratio that the manufacturer recommends . This along with your blowers apparent rich fuel to air mixture is what is causing your deposit issues . You did not advise what your mixing the ultra at 40:1 or 32:1 ?

Ultra is 50:1
Never had an issue with anything else but the blower using the Ultra.
93 octane 100% gasoline.

My local Husky dealer also sells Echo. He tells me he really likes the RedArmor. (I think that what it’s called?)
The majority of my equipment is Stihl, so I’ve kind of stuck with that for now.

93 octane 100% gasoline.

My local Husky dealer also sells Echo. He tells me he really likes the RedArmor. (I think that what it’s called?)
I've also heard great things about RedArmor...

93 octane 100% gasoline.

Red Armour is a quality oil !

Latest posts

Back