Ancient Monster Mac 99 with 6' Bar on flea-bay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loud and proud if you are a Mac fan. Old and slow if not. I like them, but then again I like all the old Macs. You can never have enough old Macs.

The saws Rich puts up for sale do seem to bring good cash. I wish he would throw up some rare saws.

Bill

Mac 99

Wow, look at this Monster. Someone here needs to buy this!!! Have any old-timers ever run one of these beasts. :jawdrop:

Sorry it is not a direct link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=130190261508&Category=79667&_trksid=p3907.m29

Hi; Yes I have run and cut with one of these monsters and a strong back and weak mind is required . Bob McCULLOH sure made great saws and this is a big saw with an engine with around 160 cc. if my memory serves me and the powerhead without bar and chain weighed 50 + lbs. Big and slow with enormous torque, hard to slow down in a chunking up cut and probably could run the longest bars out there with auxillary man tank and handle running skip chain. I do not know for sure but I think a 96 inch bar could be used on soft wood, maybee some other members have more experience or info on this. the one I ran had a 60 inch bar with 404 regular chisel chain and it cut hardwood piled up on a brow with no problem with the bar buried in two or three logs at a time. Never had one log 5 ft in diameter to try it on but would like to. Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back