And the beat goes on!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My buddy, the guy I sell firewood with and his helper, yeah the guy that dumped the log splitter and drug it down the road 100 plus feet. Well they had a good day!!! Made a 15 hour trip from Wichita to the other side of Tulsa to buy Oak. "Man, it was a KILLER deal!!! $50 and two 30 packs!!!" Sure, he brought back a little over two cord, my guess.
Well, he wants more, so he and the "helper" go about 45 min. east of here to his aunts place, we can cut there, it's closer than normal, but the want half the wood we cut, and want it split.
He calls me a bit latter, "Can you come out here? I have one tree if we drop it we can fill up both trucks and trailers easy!!! We will have to use his 4x4 to get it out then throw it on the trailers. Man it's a lot of wood!!!!!"
Well, I have pulled my rib muscles on the right side, and I am at my nephews Birthday party, I don't really want, or need to go for a LOT of reasons right now!!!!
So, I just got off the phone with him (and those of you that know of this guy will NOT be the least bit suprised at all!!) "Hey Andy, man, I am really going to need you're help as soon as you can!!!" "OK? Where are you? Whats up?" I am thining he's broke down or something, right? NOPE!!!!
"Well, I cut down the big tree, and it got stuck in another tree, I figured well, I'll just cut down that one!!! Well, it got stuck in another tree, so I cut it down. Well, now I have three trees stuck up in the other trees!! Man, you know how there are trees everywhere out there? Yeah, I just couldn't find a hole for them!!!!"
I have no idea when I am going to be able to do this, I am starting second shift tomorow, and I am scred to death to see what he has done!!!
"Yeah, it would be nice if we can get my chain back to, the one tree pinched my saw, I got the powerhead off, and managed to get the bar out, but that chain sure is stuck!!!"

:censored: :censored: :censored: :bang: :bang: :bang:

With friends like this guy, you sure as hell don't need enemies! If you head out there, watch out...this sounds like a nightmare just waiting to get worse!

I will be close to there tomorrow Andy, I will go help him for a "small fee". Serious. I have the saws and knowledge.

Ok then remind me not to cut with your buddy

Oh, this is just the start, trust me, LOTS of history with this guy!!!
I make it a point when we go out, to cut so fast he doesn't have a chance to even start his saws!!!!

I was felling a small Oak once, told him to get out of the way, "I'll move, don't worry!" I tired of arguing with him and proceeded. I made a small notch then the backcut, well, the tree was hollow!!! He was doing sumersaults getting out of the way, and his saw, a Husky 350 (I am telling you, it's a tank) had the tree land on top of it!!!! It did a few flips in the air and bounced three times off the ground!!!
OH YEAH!!! Good times!!!!!:monkey:

I will be close to there tomorrow Andy, I will go help him for a "small fee". Serious. I have the saws and knowledge.

I wish, no can do!!! When I did the 4am to 12pm shift, I had time, but second for me is 12pm until 8pm, if I dont get called in early!!!!!
Thanks for the offer thoug:cheers:

"Nightmare"? No, I think hey call this the "Widowmaker!!!"

Oh, this is just the start, trust me, LOTS of history with this guy!!!
I make it a point when we go out, to cut so fast he doesn't have a chance to even start his saws!!!!

I was felling a small Oak once, told him to get out of the way, "I'll move, don't worry!" I tired of arguing with him and proceeded. I made a small notch then the backcut, well, the tree was hollow!!! He was doing sumersaults getting out of the way, and his saw, a Husky 350 (I am telling you, it's a tank) had the tree land on top of it!!!! It did a few flips in the air and bounced three times off the ground!!!
OH YEAH!!! Good times!!!!!:monkey:

OMG ...........I can hear this story go south already.........:dizzy: :dizzy:

3 trees hanging? Holy crap!!! Glad he knew when to stop.:dizzy: Well hook a long chain to the first tree he cut and pull it down then the next and the next and hope they are all firewood worthy. Good luck.:cheers:

I am seeing a "photographic oportunity" comming up soon!!
:censored: I am not real happy right now, can you tell?

:censored: :censored: :censored: idiot!!!!!

If ya do make it there take yer camera, sure could use a laugh about now.
And stay safe man, nothing worse than getitn' kilt doing someone else's foo-pahs, we'd never fergives ya! :D Oh, ya get a chance steal the dumb azzes saw ;)
:cheers:

Serge

Ahem.........Andy the voices in your head keep telling you to turn your phone off......You just need to listen to them..........:dizzy: :dizzy:

Yeah, I hoped when I told him I wouldn't go, he would go home and sleep, or worst case, just go look at what we could cut. I really had no idea he was going out there to bring a load home!!!

If someone screams in the woods as they are cut in half with a chainsaw, and I am the only one that hears it, did they really ever make a sound?

I guess this weather that has prevented me from getting into the woods has made me so desperate I am willing to do anything to get out there and use my saws...:cry: IS IT EVER GONNA DRY UP? I WANNA CUT SOME DANG FIREWOOD!!!

I guess this weather that has prevented me from getting into the woods has made me so desperate I am willing to do anything to get out there and use my saws...:cry: IS IT EVER GONNA DRY UP? I WANNA CUT SOME DANG FIREWOOD!!!

I really don't have the time, and work is paying me increadably stupid amounts of money, so I don't really need to either!!! I'd love to go play with the saws, but not all that interested in working hard in the process of it:)

I really don't have the time, and work is paying me increadably stupid amounts of money, so I don't really need to either!!! I'd love to go play with the saws, but not all that interested in working hard in the process of it:)

Thats ok, you may be able to afford to upgrade your saw lineup while people like me are out getting stuck in the woods stomping through the mud cutting wood...not that I EVER did that...:monkey:

I wonder.........................

"Which saw should I buy to clean up this mess?"

As I have another drink:dizzy:

Hm, am thinkin' here of 'It be come-along time!!'
Gah! Hanging up three trees in a row does not bode well on the confidence scale imo. :bang:

WE WANT PICS!

:D

Latest posts

Back