And the beat goes on!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics are garunteed Serge!!!!!

I will definatly take the comealong and some chains! May even take the limbing gear. Tie in to a tree above and cut them out without having to worry about them rolling or falling on me? (VERY interested in thoughts on this?)

The long bar theory sounds good, but in practice, it usually doesn't pan out so well!!!

Ummmm

Hm, am thinkin' here of 'It be come-along time!!'
Gah! Hanging up three trees in a row does not bode well on the confidence scale imo. :bang:

WE WANT PICS!

:D

+1... Just not pics of you gettin' all smashed up bro...

Careful out there bro.:cheers:

Use this:

attachment.php

Almost sounds like the Blue Collar Comedy Tour tour has hit town.

I really wish it was a joke!!!!! Man do I!!! This guy get me in more :censored: than you can imagine!!!! But he always tries (and usually does) to make it right in the end. I just wish he would think a LOT more before doing MOST times!!!

Ok, I'll bite, what is that Tzed?

I really wish it was a joke!!!!! Man do I!!! This guy get me in more :censored: than you can imagine!!!! But he always tries (and usually does) to make it right in the end. I just wish he would think a LOT more before doing MOST times!!!

I think thats yer new vertibra, once your nose is put back in place :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

LOL...TNT molecule :)

AHHHHHH!!!!! I see now!!!!

HMMMMMMMMMMM.................................

Fertilizer and Deisel, hmmmmmmmmmmm.......................

AHHHHHH!!!!! I see now!!!!

HMMMMMMMMMMM.................................

Fertilizer and Deisel, hmmmmmmmmmmm.......................
Oooooooo, would this be a good time fer some pyrothechnics???

I can see it now,
Sawin' : 'This be the only solution to dis here.'
Dumbuddy : "Really?"
Sawin' : 'Yesh, hold this here wick.'
Dumbuddy : "Y'all gonna tell me when ta run?"
Sawin' : 'No, you just stand there, here's a napkin fer after.'
Dumbuddy : "After? After what?"
Sawin' : 'Never you mind, just a sec, I'll be righhhhhht back.'

BLAMMM!

Sawin' : 'K, you kin let go now.'

:D

ok..ive never had 3 trees hung up before, but i have had 2!!...but i have got a few trees down from various methods....here we go...im not saying any of these are safe and should be performed....

pull it down (with a skidder is how i usually do it)...usually my preferred method. trucks, tractors..all viable options. but ive had then get lodged in forks of trees and not come down...pulled down the tree that one was caught in the other day (20" cottonwood hung up in a 24" cottonwood in loose ground=skidder pulled over the 24" trying to pull it out)

ive cut other large trees and aimed then at a lodged tree and knocked them out or down. always the possibility of lodged and exploding trees

and last....and definitely not recommended....cut the tree that they are hung in!!! after i exhaust all other means ive done this. the tree will have a hell of alot of tension on it...cut the notch..bore out the heart...set a good escape...turn it loose and run like hell as you look up...

Like i said i'm not advocating for any of these methods...just telling you same ways that i've done things. but then again ive also dominoed trees in hill groudn that were wanting to go up hill and mess up the flow of things....

just throwing out ideas....but def. take a camera...

it is always bad to have to come into the middle of a job like that that someone else started. I jumped all over a guy one one that had been cutting for longer than ive been alive for starting to cut a tree and walking away from it. a few hours later i was cutting in that section and had to cut the tree....i was pizzed!!

Last edited:
I have went into the danger zone in a situation like that and undercut the leaning trunk over and over until it finally fell. Sometimes used wedges. Not safe by a long shot, but I hate to admit, I have done that to get a hung up tree down.

Last edited:
I am seeing a "photographic oportunity" comming up soon!!
:censored: I am not real happy right now, can you tell?

:censored: :censored: :censored: idiot!!!!!

Andy, you better make sure we get some pics of this.

This one's gonna be Priceless :cheers:

Without a big enough piece of equipment to drag it down it gets hairy with hung trees. I went with my wife and dad on New Years Eve on a sole purpose to take down a good size standing dead Red Elm. It hung and my Dad was wanting to just let it be but it would fall onto a county road, and I was stubborn enough to keep cutting and dodging until I brought it down. I heard my wife use some language I havent heard her use before about my actions. We couldnt get the tractor there because it needed repair, so I took the risk. It looked like a cartoon where the logger keeps cutting pieces of the trunk and the tree keeps getting shorter, only with real consequenses. Im not proud of this, but I did it.

No skidder, thats out, the largest equipment will be a pickup. I may be able to chain it and use the comealong and pull one at a time off. Maybye not? If he has three dominoed, I don't think taking the fourth one would be a good idea at all. That is a whole lot of stress on one tree to contend with, and no way to control the direction of fall.
I see a lot of potential for barberchair and roll overs in this scene. I really wish I had a picture of what I was walking into!!!
I have snagged trees before, only one at a time. But I could always cut them free, or down, going slow and careful, I could cut the base of it and get it to slide down. Not the best of safest, but it has worked. I was always ready to run!!!!
This, well, this is a STUPID mess!!!!

My buddy, the guy I sell firewood with and his helper, yeah the guy that dumped the log splitter and drug it down the road 100 plus feet. Well they had a good day!!! Made a 15 hour trip from Wichita to the other side of Tulsa to buy Oak. "Man, it was a KILLER deal!!! $50 and two 30 packs!!!" Sure, he brought back a little over two cord, my guess.
Well, he wants more, so he and the "helper" go about 45 min. east of here to his aunts place, we can cut there, it's closer than normal, but the want half the wood we cut, and want it split.
He calls me a bit latter, "Can you come out here? I have one tree if we drop it we can fill up both trucks and trailers easy!!! We will have to use his 4x4 to get it out then throw it on the trailers. Man it's a lot of wood!!!!!"
Well, I have pulled my rib muscles on the right side, and I am at my nephews Birthday party, I don't really want, or need to go for a LOT of reasons right now!!!!
So, I just got off the phone with him (and those of you that know of this guy will NOT be the least bit suprised at all!!) "Hey Andy, man, I am really going to need you're help as soon as you can!!!" "OK? Where are you? Whats up?" I am thining he's broke down or something, right? NOPE!!!!
"Well, I cut down the big tree, and it got stuck in another tree, I figured well, I'll just cut down that one!!! Well, it got stuck in another tree, so I cut it down. Well, now I have three trees stuck up in the other trees!! Man, you know how there are trees everywhere out there? Yeah, I just couldn't find a hole for them!!!!"
I have no idea when I am going to be able to do this, I am starting second shift tomorow, and I am scred to death to see what he has done!!!
"Yeah, it would be nice if we can get my chain back to, the one tree pinched my saw, I got the powerhead off, and managed to get the bar out, but that chain sure is stuck!!!"

:censored: :censored: :censored: :bang: :bang: :bang:

One word - run!

Last year I was working along a major river in N. Cal. I was jacking giant sugar pines up the hill. I had two trees that leaned extremly hard down the hill, I made my jack seats in both (had to go and get another set of jacks), put in my face sawed a little in the back cut and maxed out the jacks in both. I am talking the big Silvey double rams, they would not go any further. The reason I had both ready, was because I had another sugar pine that I was going to use to get the other two over.
After getting the third tree faced up I started my back cut, put in three wedges and sawed, then beat, sawed then beat. After a little beating the giant went over and split the hairs of the two other with jacks and sure a ****, all three layed out perfect, even looked good.
With wobbly knees and a puffed up chest I boasted over my accomplishment.
Each tree was around 5ft and had between 5 and six long longs (165-200ft tall)
Kind of one of thiose moments you wish someone was watching.
That's all.

I have seen a video of someone doing something very similer to that. Dropped three trees like dominoes!!! The frst two were preped and ready, the third one set them off!!!
That was neat to watch!!!!

This, well, it's gonna be ugly!!

Back